WestRyder is in the finals!

Lord Hanaur

Nurglings are annoying I know that much.  Lol.  

What does the codex say?  Lost a game recently because Nurglings were taking the tie breaker objective so if they dont score ill be mad.  Well...Mildly annoyed maybe.  Well...  Maybe just want a rematch...

Nurglings are swarms, and swarms have been non-scoring for several editions. Did this change?

Yep, Nurglings are now cheap Deep Striking OS Units. One of the weaknesses of Drop Lists is that they tend to be really bad at taking care of their own backfields, and that was what nearly got me, when he dropped all those Nurglings on the Objectives in my DZ.

Also, thinking about that Eldar matchup some more, if he'd had a WraithKnight and used it well, that could have made a huge difference. Part of the reason I was able to bully him around the table so much was that he didn't have any substantial counter-assault or other area denial.

Which is why a WraithKnight could have made such a difference. Even one of those things would create a pretty big zone where I'd have to be really careful of what I dropped in, because only the Void Claws could really deal with one. That would have helped him keep more of a buffer zone where he could have kept at least a couple of Vehicles fairly safe and dealing damage while the rest flitted around, instead of having everything just going Flat Out every Turn and not doing any real damage to me until Turn 3 or 4, while I was doing damage right from the start, so by the time he actually started fighting, he was down by like 20%, Points-wise, which is a pretty serious deficit, especially with most of the Transported Units being more or less dead weight.

The ability to move 12"+18" and just kinda leave them sitting in the dust is also really strong. Mobility ain't just for Dark Eldar.

That was part of why I was glad that he spread out along the long board edge like that. It let me drop my first wave in a spread ~6-18" from his stuff, blocking off some lanes (because he didn't have a landing place for the 12" move in the Movement Phase), and forcing others into awkward angles and places that didn't leave him good moves for the next Turn, because otherwise I'd be able to Charge him that Turn. Meant that after my Turn 2, I had a ton of stuff near the centerline of the board, able to threaten pretty much wherever he went.

If he had clumped up on the short edge, that same spread on my part would have left even the best-placed of my Units about a foot from the center of the Board after Turn 2, and given him time to deal with my second wave, which would have had to drop in farther from support.

That was part of why I was glad that he spread out along the long board edge like that. It let me drop my first wave in a spread ~6-18" from his stuff, blocking off some lanes (because he didn't have a landing place for the 12" move in the Movement Phase),

Yeah, I would definitely call that a mistake on his part. Sounds like you played it solid, though, so grats on that.

• Like 1

Yeah, I would definitely call that a mistake on his part. Sounds like you played it solid, though, so grats on that.

It definitely was a mistake on my part. After he dropped his first wave I realized that I should not have moved so far up the board but by then it was obviously too late.

I think a Wraithknight would really help round out my list. My Farseer didn't really do anything and I could downgrade my Storm Guardians to units of 5 Dire Avengers to pay for one, I think. Having no assault units really gimped me in that match.

I'd like a rematch one of these days, WestRider :P

• Like 1

If you're looking at swapping out the Farseer, also consider an Autarch with Mantle of the Laughing God. I've run him in many games and for ~150pts (with Bike, Fusion, and a Lance) he is a very versatile and survivable unit that can provide some excellent melee backup. Of course, Wraithknights can be quite excellent as well, but it's not like you can only choose one or the other.