New Tyranids???

pretre

Quoted from the dakka compilation:

There are a few rumours regarding the future release of NEW Tyranid Mon-stars going around other threads at the moment and I'd like to compile them all here for an open discussion!

First of all from Lords of War gaming - as you all have probably read already;

Lords of War Facebook page.

their track record for rumours are, as I understand, 7 correct- 0 wrong and none in between.

"Tons of rumors flying around about Necrons and they are all wrong. The Necrons will only see the release of a Necron lord, no codex will be released. Also Tyranids will see the release of two large bugs. The rules for their models will be in the box like the Nagash release. This is also just a model release for the Tyranids, no codex."

The comments on the post which I found the most interesting I have quoted below;
"What time are we talking for the Nid Release?"

Lords of War Gaming:
"The should release soon, within 6-7 weeks."

"What are the new Tyranid releases like? Are we talking Tyranid equivalents to Knights?"

Lords of War Gaming:
"They will be big, I don't think that they will be that big. From what I was told to me, "It will give the army more punch." Cryptic I know, but that's what I have."

Link below:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=615854041874711&id=422816981178419

Lords of War Gaming:
There will be a campaign book that is released early November. Necrons are not for a while I know of two armies that are next and another codex that will shock people next year.

Lords of War Gaming:
I been told that there will be a box like storm claw. BA for sure but I don't know it its Nids or Necrons. If I was to guess I would say Necrons following the Storm Claw model.

27/10/2014

UPDATED* rumoured rules and stats....

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/more-tyranid-release-details-toxicrene.html

Once again, the releases for this week if you are just catching up on the news
Tyranid Toxicrene/Maleceptor 1 miniature $73
Warhammer 40k: The Rules small format hardback $58
Tyranid Dice Tin 10 dice $17

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212*****
Toxicrene
Heavy Support, slight over 150pts
Acid blood, Lash whips, fearless, Instinctive behavior feed
On a large oval base with 10 long tentacles and a face like a lictor.
A 5 wound t6 monstrous creature who is hypertoxic and shrouded. this means any hit gains instant death on a wound roll of a 6 due to a toxic cloud. This includes its close combat attacks and its choking cloud

Choking Cloud; 12" assault1 ignores cover, lg blast. Chocking cloud is S3, poisoned 2+ and against open topped vehicles or any vehicle that has lost a hull point the attack gains armour bane.

Maleceptor
Elite Choice: Monstrous Creature, slightly over 200pts
A 4 legged beast with two large scything talons
A psyker level 2, synapse monstrous creature that has an invul save of 5+. It has shadows of the warp and a 4+ save.

Psychic Overload: Warp Charge 2
It has the psychic power psychic overload, which is a 24" focused witchfire. target must take a leadership test on 3d6 and vehicles count as leadership 10, failure causes d3 wounds no armor or cover saves allowed, and a causes a single glancing hit to vehicles, no cover save allowed. The maleceptor can do psychic overload three times a round, but cannot target the same model twice.

27/10/2014
Games Workshop posted this on their blog;

25/10/2014 - Also, a new bundle release?  - Whats going on?!
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Wrath-of-the-Hive-Mind

The swarms of creatures which form the bulk of Tyranid invasion fleets are driven by the indomitable will of the Hive Mind. Towering Hive Tyrants psychically mastermind their movements with Tyranid Warriors spearheading assaults while vast Tervigons replenish losses from their bloated birth sacks.

This multi-part plastic box set contains 25 miniatures: 1 Hive Tyrant, 1 Tervigon/Tyrannofex, 3 Tyranid Warriors and 20 Termagants. Also included are 12 Rippers allowing you to assemble 3 Ripper Swarms.

25/10/2014 - Something that I've just spotted on GW store... Zoanthropes are no longer available? Could the rumoured dual kit be a Zoanthrope/ Doom return?!
Check out the screenshot below;

Interesting how this comes pretty much out of the blue.

Lords of Wargaming called it:

Blood Angel Rumors / Necron Rumors / Tyranid Rumors - Oct 2014

Here it is:

Lords of War Gaming There will be a campaign book that is released early November. Necrons are not for a while I know of two armies that are next and another codex that will shock people next year.

Lords of War Gaming I been told that there will be a box like storm claw. BA for sure but I don't know it its Nids or Necrons. If I was to guess I would say Necrons following the Storm Claw model.

Ross Mason What time are we talking for the Nid Release?

Lords of War Gaming The should release soon, within 6-7 weeks.

Necron Rumors / Tyranid Rumors/Blood Angel Rumors - Oct 2014

"Tons of rumors flying around about Necrons and they are all wrong. The Necrons will only see the release of a Necron lord, no codex will be released. Also Tyranids will see the release of two large bugs. The rules for their models will be in the box like the Nagash release. This is also just a model release for the Tyranids, no codex.  

Lastly the Blood angels will be released at the end of the year."  

Mostly, I'm liking the idea of releasing new units with rules attached.  Seems more practical and allows for army touch ups without releasing new codexes.

At the rate of codex updates I imagine we will see a lot more of such releases.  Was expecting such a release to coincide with a supplement though.  Like say Saim Hann supplement when the old as dirt eldar jetbikes get replaced. 

• Like 1

From someone over on TTH who claims to have the WD:

So I was wondering what everyone's first impression of the new Nids were. Here are their stats/rules below:

Toxicrene 160-ish pts (Heavy Choice, unit composition: 1)

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
3 3 5 6 5 3 6 8 4+

Special rules
Fearless, Instinctive behavior (feed), Poisoned 2+, Shrouded, Hypertoxic (6's to wound inflicted by poisoned weapons whether in combat and in shooting= instant death)

Weapons/Biomorphs
Acid Blood, Choking cloud, Lash whips, Toxic miasma

Choking cloud
Rng S AP Type
12" 3 - Assault 1, Ignores cover, Large Blast, Poisoned 2+, Hypertoxic, Predatory sentience (Gets armorbane against open topped vehicles
and vehicles that have already lost one or
more hull points)

Maleceptor 205-ish points (Elites Choice, unit composition: 1)

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
3 3 6 6 5 3 3 10 4+

Special rules
Psyker (lv 2)
Shadow in the warp
Synapse Creature

Weapons/Biomorphs
Scything talos

Powers
Maleceptor always knows Psychic Overload and must generate the remainder of its powers from the Hive Mind chart

Psychic Overload: Warp charge 2. Focused Witchfire. Range 24". Target must take a Ld test on 3d6 (Vehicles can be affected as well and count as having Ld 10 for the attack). If the test is failed the target takes d3 wounds no armor/cover saves allowed. Vehicles that fail take a glancing hit with no cover allowed. The psyker may attempt to manifest this power up to 3 times in each of its psychic phases. Each attempt must be resolved separately. However a single enemy unit cannot be the target of Psychic Overload more than once a psychic phase.

If the Toxicrene can get Fleet via Adrenal Glands, I might consider it, at least for casual play. Probably not bothering otherwise.

• Like 1

via Lords of War Gaming on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Lordsofwargaming
I keep getting questions about a Tyranids Codex release and here's some info.

1. This is a model release no Tyranids codex.
2. A Campaign book will be released and if I remember correctly it's called Leviathan.
3. Blood Angels are still coming.
4. There will be a starter set that contains BA and Tyranids. It will be similar to Storm Claw.
5. Hope to update Blood Angel rumors this week.