New Tyranids???

pretre

Well, looking at it now, Psychic Shriek isn't Focused, this is.

Sure, and it's 6" longer range, too, but that doesn't make it not awful. For all the times you'll get lucky and snipe their special weapon trooper out, there will be plenty of times that Shriek just kills the entire squad so it doesn't matter that it isn't able to snipe targets.

I believe Psychic Shriek is only usable once per turn per psyker, this is usable up to 3 times.

You need ~6 dice to cast Overload with a good degree of success. (And you'd want slightly more than that if you want to successfully trigger the Focused portion.) That means you'd need ~20 Warp Charge for a single psyker in order to make full use of the power- and that's assuming you don't cast any other powers at all.

And if you're hitting Space Marines with those shots, you're killing an average of two models, in total. For twenty Warp Charge.(Remember you've got to roll to hit with BS3 as part of the power.)

5+ invulnerable save! Wow didn't think nids got those.

Don't worry, they gave it armor befitting an Imperial Guardsmen to compensate. After all, something that costs as much as a Land Raider can't be gettin' out of control with Power Armor, not can it? That would be crazy talk.

And not even Biomorph access. Ugh. As cool as these models look, I'm giving them a pass until they get Rules that don't suck. Damn shame, I was really looking forward to Nids getting something to help with their ground game, rather than being stuck as a Flying Circus. I even like the Flying Circus, I just want there to be more viable options.

• Like 1

Use salt, but:

via Nightfury from the comment section on Faeit 212
The campaign box hq for Tyranids will be a broodlord :-/ i don't play tyranids so not sure if that's good or not but there ya go ;)
Umm wait a sec i might have gotten that mixed up with the Lichtor.. idk i don't play bugs so sorry if my names are off but its the thing with two big arm claws on a drednaught sized base

You'l get a ba named captain an assault/jump squad of the black armored guys a squad of termies and a squad of tacticals.. the tyranids will get the lichtor(big guy with claw arms on a 40mm base) and a pack of termigants cc? And hormagaunts gunbugs? I don't play nids so if i got the names wrong sorry.. heard it here first :)

Oh.. and the necrons will play a part in this campaign far as I've heard

I was specifically told campaigns would be used to tie codexs together ie ork & sw so expect this to be BA and necron related fighting tyranids together :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...