1550pt "WW2 Begins" Early War FOW Tournament, official thread

taran.shannara

• 3 weeks later...

Well, some bad-ish news.  We've been hit by a large number of house expenses (new siding, new electrical, etc) this fall.  That means, I am on a strict budget for a while.  Unfortunately, I am only about halfway through buying my Dutch army, and won't be able to buy any more for the foreseen future.  I can still play in the event, but I'll likely need to proxy some models.

• 2 weeks later...

Zeke, I'm still on for the EW tourney ... can you get me the FJ list so I can get familiar with it? I will look up the Glider rules on line.

Thanks,

Bolo

Tried sending you a message and was given a notice that you cannot receive messages.  This is probably due to the site now restricting our personal messaging to 50 messages.  I had to delete all mine to get below that 50. Check your profile, then check your personal messaging.

replied in the Yahoo group as "grognard fow", but I will re-post here:

I am game for the tournament, but I avoid Paypal when I can.
Prefer to pay in person at GG, if possible.

As for the army list, I am set on:
-- Allies, Soviet Strelkovy (Red Army) from the Barbarossa book.
Army Type confirmed (I don't have EW allies painted up, yet), but the exact list is not final.
Before sending in a detailed list, I want to playtest some support options.

I expect to have:
1000 pts ready by Thursday, 22 JAN
1250 pts ready by Thursday, 29 JAN,
and
1550 pts ready by Thursday, 5 FEB.

I plan on being at GG every Thursday night from now until the tournament, to try out my Russians, and get hands-on experience with the 3rd Ed FoW rules.

This Thursday, 15 Jan, I won't have anything ready to put on the table, but am willing to team up with whomever shows up and borrow an army, or be a 2iC. Doesn't have to be EW. Does not have to be Russians, either. Any experience is good.

I must recuse myself from the fun.  due to scheduling issues and a pile up in the "I need to paint this crap" section of life, and the unfortunate timing of some deadlines Ive been made aware of (the good kind) I cant attend.  I have to do a 40K Tournament and it has to happen on this same day up here in Lakewood.  Its the only day I could work one in, with the deadline, with my schedule etc...

So...

I regretfully will miss this.  I would have scrapped the 40K tournament if I thought I could get the Japan forces ready in time, and thats a fact but I am just depressed to think of how many projects i HAVE to get done between now and them (spelling intentional).

=(

I've counted out the models for my list.  A little proxy-ing of mostly guns/artillery but otherwise I'm pretty good.  However, does anyone happen to have 6 Italian 47/32s that I can borrow? They are used as the model for the Dutch 4.7cm Böhler gun. Or, anything else that works as a man-packed 4.7cm AT gun team, that I can borrow for the event? (see: http://www.flamesofwar.com/online_store.aspx?CategoryID=11006)

Errr, no one has anything that I can use to proxy?  How about any small guns that are on medium bases and face the short edge, anyone?  I've got 3x Us 57mm AT guns that I can use in a pinch, but I need a total of 6 guns.  Zeke or Ryan, do you guys have like three 37mm or 57mm guns I can use as proxies maybe?  Otherwise, I will have to come up with something creative for proxies, which I'm not a fan of.

@dvang: I have three from the large Itialian box set but they are still new in shrinkwrap. If no one comes up with some maybe I can open it and delve into a new country power.  I'm pretty sure that Grant used to have some, maybe he or John can be checked on?

Errr, no one has anything that I can use to proxy?  How about any small guns that are on medium bases and face the short edge, anyone?  I've got 3x Us 57mm AT guns that I can use in a pinch, but I need a total of 6 guns.  Zeke or Ryan, do you guys have like three 37mm or 57mm guns I can use as proxies maybe?  Otherwise, I will have to come up with something creative for proxies, which I'm not a fan of.

@dvang:  I asked the other studio artists (CGR Painters) , I've got you covered for the 6 Italian 47/32s.

Awesome, thanks!  GG never had any in stock the times I looked last fall, and then my unexpected purchase lock-down went into effect before I could order online.  I really appreciate it.