Building the Community

I support all game stores, whoever has what I want in stock, gets my business.  Guardian had a copy of Glottkin the other day, I bought it. Many stores support the OFCC every year. 

Mythic Realms has incredible tables to play on and a friendly staff, Guardian serves beer, (enough said) and Dice Age is a nice little local store, I dont think we need to "go there" on which store to "support". Any store that stocks WHFB is deserving. 

• Like 1

I support all game stores, whoever has what I want in stock, gets my business.  Guardian had a copy of Glottkin the other day, I bought it. Many stores support the OFCC every year. 

Mythic Realms has incredible tables to play on and a friendly staff, Guardian serves beer, (enough said) and Dice Age is a nice little local store, I dont think we need to "go there" on which store to "support". Any store that stocks WHFB is deserving.

I agree here totally. If we are going to build a NW community it can't be just one store. Though I do like Dice Age and wish them the best I do find it would do every store good to just build a larger community. Not to say anything bad about GG but we don't need another mirco community like their 40K group, we need more shops involved too. Maybe there can be different stores for a different Sat of the month.

Sorry Guys, I had other commitments which when I told my dnd group (the other commitment) they was all like, "wtf mate, why you no tell us this is happening!" 

So when are we thinking of doing this again?

Not sure.  I work next weekend and will then be at a tournament the next.  Someone else is going to have to make this happen in the next two weeks.

I had my boys birthday party that day and family events in the evening. I agree, lets get this going. It will take some time to get this to be a regular showing, but also are you guys In for a tournament in January? I am going to help set it up and Roy will run it. But I need to see how many will be interested and a good date so we can get people there. Probably on a Saturday.

• Like 1

If you build it, they will come. 

I have certainly been making it a point to go to tournaments when they are scheduled. I obviously cant make them all but Ive made a conscious effort to participate when I can; its what this hobby is all about.

I also think that making tournaments fully painted is a big deal too as I am a big fan of the aesthetic . One thing that will stop me from going to a tournament is the option to bring a non-painted army or proxies. Just sayin' 

• Like 1

If you build it, they will come. 

I have certainly been making it a point to go to tournaments when they are scheduled. I obviously cant make them all but Ive made a conscious effort to participate when I can; its what this hobby is all about.

I also think that making tournaments fully painted is a big deal too as I am a big fan of the aesthetic . One thing that will stop me from going to a tournament is the option to bring a non-painted army or proxies. Just sayin' 

No proxies is a must, IMO.  However, fully painted armies is a deterrent for some because they have armies in progress.  However, one way to combat that is to say that if you don't have fully painted army then you are not going to be in the prize pool.  This will reward the players who take the time to paint their armies while still allowing those who don't have a fully painted army to attend the event.  If people want to "win" stuff, then a painted army is the incentive to do so.

I had my boys birthday party that day and family events in the evening. I agree, lets get this going. It will take some time to get this to be a regular showing, but also are you guys In for a tournament in January? I am going to help set it up and Roy will run it. But I need to see how many will be interested and a good date so we can get people there. Probably on a Saturday.

I would be greatly interested in a tournament in January.  I will have to look at which weekend I work in January and which weekend King of Cascadia is being held.