Raindog's Rampage: Saturday. December 6th!

grimm burloksson

19 Quarrelers, shields, Muso/Std

10 thunderers, shields

Organ Gun, Accuracy

Grudge Thrower

Cannon, Forging/burning

Flame cannon, Forging

runesmith, stone, shield, spellbreaker

master engineer, stone

3 copters

long range/T4 targets... averages 13 wounds(burloksson in q's with rerolls to hit).  short range/T3 its 22 wounds... just from the OG/thunderers/quarrelers.  not including grudge thrower/cannon/flamecanon/copters for obvious template reasons.  i would bring this list if there was a bunch of stupid pansy elves and i actually cared about winning, but since its mostly chaos ill join the fray and make it a slugfest with beastmen :)

bleah....two days till rampage and I have no idea what I really want to play. If I want painted, then its either dwarfs or wood elves. The problem is that I haven't played a single game with either of them. The dwarfs look so static, I just can't believe that they will stand up to what I've seen on the tables so far. The elves have more mobility, but barely any combat units...and I just don't own enough shooting to do the job there.

My most competitive army would be my Undead Legion. I look at what it brings, and it just has a nice mix all around. But not painted. I could do HE again, but also not painted, and no games with them since the new book. That leaves beastmen (never played a game with), or orcs & gobs.

gah!

id say bring the undead.  play something you want to play.  sure that -10 in points is a bummer, but being happy as you play is the most important part!  undead are super good at low points.  dwarfs at low levels are kind of difficult to play if you are wanting to do a melee list.  i have a bit of experience with them.  if you do bring them, id suggest no bsb cause its not the best use of points at 1500. and definitely no lord(he's the cost of an entire block and you need blocks at low levels).  make as many blocks as you can and have copters to assist and at least two pieces of artillery if you want your opponent to actually come at you.  also probably bring a runesmith to scroll caddy cause i bet people are going gun-ho on the magic.  otherwise go gunline lol.  gunlines/shooting are actually very very good at low points...