Raindog's Rampage: Saturday. December 6th!

come now, where's the love? a wholly skeleton army from VC is almost unheard of, let alone one with only 1 lv1 wizard.

I will echo your sentiments though, I love seeing unusual/individual list designs. I think BM with their new ability to take marks will garner more table time. they performed very well from what I observed

It is true you rocked the Coven Throne, but the skellies spent all there time walking in and out of buildings.........:)

Did people like the lack of scenarios and the checklist?

Next time I am going to run a single piece of terrain on each table that has special rules. For example, The Tree of Woe. All units within 6 inches of the tree receive -1 to all rolls……… to hit, to wound, armor saves, characteristic saves, wards saves, number of impacts caused. number of wounds caused, etc……..

Or the Plinth of Insanity. All units with in 12 inches suffer from Stupidity………..

The checklist simplified things for sure, but I felt like it was mostly random chance. If that was the intended effect, than great. If you want people to be able to practice and tailor lists, than that's no good.

This makes me think "It'd be cool to have a plan-able list"

Sort of like the multi-charge one only some things that you'd need to set up to try during deployment.

Yes, scenarios make it tiring IMO.  I find plenty of variety just in the opponent change from game to game, and in terrain setup.

I liked the checklist idea a lot and would personally make it shorter and more geared toward encouraging the kind of play we want to see.

EG:

"Lose a game without bitching even once (must be autographed by your opponent)"

"Laugh at your own bad luck"

"Propose a dice off when a rules question can't be answered by asking a neighbor"

"Allow your opponent to reposition an already-deployed unit by 1" (at most) in order to make room for a 1" gap between his own units"

etc...

Did people like the lack of scenarios and the checklist?

• Like 1

Great idea's NtK!

I especially like the "Lose without bitching one". That's a trap that is easy to fall into.

You were doing a fine job losing terribly in our game until you turned around and smashed my face in. I think your whole plan was to lull me into a false sense of security then strike when I exposed a weakness. Well played sir.. well played.

• Like 1

Hey hey hey! I complain when I win!

You wrote it before I could! :) Although, I don't recall you having any complaints when your dwarfs were hammering my orcs into the ground....

It was a really fun lil' event. I liked 1,500 points quite a bit and allowing SCs was fun as well. As for the checklist, I assumed it was purely for fun, and as such could always benefit from some new fun checklist items for future events, but shouldnt be intended as a list influencer, i dont think. I like the suggestions above, such as "allowing an opponent to nudge a deployed unit". That one is particularly good.

The one item of themed terrain is a great idea as well. Thanks Raindog for organizing and thanks to my 4 opponents for fun games. I hadn't played orcs since about 2007 (at an OFCC, in fact) and I don't recall ever playing 1,500 points with any army. Particular opponent mention goes to Aaron, who took the absurd efficacy of my 2 dooom divers with aplomb after they hit something like 9 out of a possible 11 shots....with the 11th shot aiming at his lone BSB....which scattered 6" and promptly adjusted back the same 6" to kill the poor bastard (actually he was Slaaneshi so he probably enjoyed being skewered)

• Like 1

You were doing a fine job losing terribly in our game until you turned around and smashed my face in. I think your whole plan was to lull me into a false sense of security then strike when I exposed a weakness. Well played sir.. well played.

No honestly I was having fun, we always joke and laugh alot during our games and you're a great sport.  But I was also staring at the matchup going, "Holy s***, what am I supposed to do against these guys?!"  Hitting directly on top of your RnF infantry unit with a Treb and doing only 3 wounds?!  Plus, your SC was perfect against my army because I sacrifice a lot of peasants to hold things up long enough for my Trebs and Men at Arms to do work.  Those peasant casualties boosting up your whole army to re-rollable Wards etc etc had your army looking pretty damn near unbeatable.  I finally decided that the ONLY way I was going to pull out a win was to throw in everything on that one unit and see if your thus-far incredibly good dice would betray you... anything even close to average and that combat would have been a push and my MAA would have been ground down from your surrounding troops.  Your dice f***ed you at the EXACT wrong moment.  As they say, better to be lucky than good :)

• Like 1