Help With Slamwich List

Yarbicus

Officially going to try to make it but I need some help. Mostly I just have no experience with the Swedish Comp system.

Here is my (completely ineffective) list from OFCC.  I need to cut it to 2500 and make it more competitive.  Ideas?

2800 Pts - Lizardmen Roster - Steve Yarborough OFCC 2014

Saurus Oldblood on Carnie

Saurus Oldblood BSB

Saurus Oldblood (fighty)

Skink Priest lvl 1

12 Skinks Skirm w/Javelin

12 Skink Skirms w/Blow pipe

29 Saurus w/HW Shield

29 Saurus w/Spear Shield

3 Krox

3 Terradon

Bastilidon

2xStegadon

Trog

• Like 1

never mind just saw the other thread. 

I think you need more than a lvl 1 for magic defense. Make the skink a lvl 2 and give him a scroll, that will help a lot to protect yourself.

you might benefit from having more chaff as well, either more skinks or some flying lizard unit would work.

glad you are making it, I hope we get paired cuz we still haven't played yet. 

never mind just saw the other thread. 

I think you need more than a lvl 1 for magic defense. Make the skink a lvl 2 and give him a scroll, that will help a lot to protect yourself.

you might benefit from having more chaff as well, either more skinks or some flying lizard unit would work.

glad you are making it, I hope we get paired cuz we still haven't played yet. 

Whoops!  The list was missing the 3 Terras.  Thanks!

I didn't include all of the magic items but the S Priest does have a scroll.

How about if I ditched the Steggies and added more Skinks?

BTW I have plenty of more models including Skinks, Saurus, and even big Toad.

Troglodon is widely renowned as the worst unit in the book. It is relatively expensive and good at nothing. Has all of the squishiness of a carnosaur, without the offense. It can be used as a magic missile conduit for a slann which you don't have, and it's once per game roar to buff saurus is okay, but statistically will only add about 3 extra attacks. It's bad. Like rull bad.

I hope you don't have an Old blood BSB, he's a lord choice. Might he be a scar vet?

Will post more in a bit...

Troglodon is widely renowned as the worst unit in the book. It is relatively expensive and good at nothing. Has all of the squishiness of a carnosaur, without the offense. It can be used as a magic missile conduit for a slann which you don't have, and it's once per game roar to buff saurus is okay, but statistically will only add about 3 extra attacks. It's bad. Like rull bad.

I hope you don't have an Old blood BSB, he's a lord choice. Might he be a scar vet?

Will post more in a bit...

You right about the bsb. Scar vet.

Man I love my Trog! Never died through all of ofcc. Don't forget his roar!

Hey, its your list. If the trog is in, he's in.

Are you set on blowpipe skinks? I've never had any success with them, and lord knows I've tried. They hit on 5s with multishot, 6s if long range, or they move. I find that I'm often moving AND at long range so poison ceases to work. A dart without poison is worse than worthless.

I assume the basty is a solardon? The initiative boost is crap unless you're fighting orcs, undead, or dwarfs. But lasers are cool. Its only useful 50% of the time but aim it at a juicy target and your opponent won't take the risk.

Honestly, I think the list looks pretty good at this point. I'm guessing about a 15 or 16 comp? I run a very similar lizardmen list--but with horde-o-saurus instead of 2 blocks, and double steg and a salamander instead of the trog and bastilodon. It comps at 14.

Sallies are awesome! I would take more but I hit the 25% rare ceiling with 2 ancients stegs with sharpened horns.

Their breath attack can cause horrible problems to blocks which is something that lizzie's generally struggle with. Mass poison is good for killing chaff, monsters, and chariots, but not super effective and bringing down the rank-n-file.

What they bring:

1) a torch to burn a few ranks off in support of saurus. As cool as saurus are, they are a thoroughly mediocre combat unit, and salamanders can even the odds for the inevitable grind.

2) Fire! Regen can be a scary thing and fire is the best solution. (I also highly recommend fireleach bolas on the terradons for the same reason). Drop the regen, then pour on the poison.

3) Aquatic skirmisher. Unless you're fighting wood elves, this guy is a sunovabitch to shoot down. Put him woods or a river and he's -2 to hit in addition to whatever else. And he's got 3 wounds 5+ scaley skin and 3 one-use-only 5+ ward saves. Some people call them skink handlers, but I call them what they are. Plus he's stubborn in woods since he's a skirmisher.

4) Low-leadership abuse. This isn't often a huge deal but with his breath attack causing panic if it causes any wounds at all, and the fear USR he can cause problems with leadership in 2 phases.

5) monstrous beast. This means he has both stomp and swiftstride. 2 str 5 attacks, 3 str 3 attacks (unless he got hungry), and a str 5 stomp is pretty decent for hunting chaff and/or flankers. Swiftsride makes him likely to make charges and run down fleeing units.

6) my favorite: monster bodyguard. Cannons are awful things --especially with as many monsters as we like to run. But a cannonball stops if it hits a salamander and fails to kill it. 33% of the time, the cannonball is randomized against a skink, which means it can't kill the sally, which means it stops (silly, I know, but true). 66% of the time it hits the sally (sad) but it fails to wound him about 16% of the time, and if it does, there's a 33% chance he won't roll high enough to kill it. If we crunch those numbers (as a salamander likes crunch wee little skink bones), it means a cannonball has just a 37% chance of bouncing through a salamander. 63% chance of whatever important thing hiding behind him wiping it's scaly brow and letting out a roar of relief.

All this for only 80 points?! They're a fantastic buy. They don't always impress, but they almost never dissapoint.

My horde is just 40 with a full command and spears. I used to run 2 blocks of 25ish but found my list had too many moving parts for my liking. And saurus just never seem to stick around for as long as I'd like.

The horde provides an anchor, and a goodly chunk of VP denial. I also have my bsb and another scar-vet on cold one in there too. They provide some punch and the cold-one vet chases off dirty chaff trying to redirect me. And the bsb makes failing the stupidity test extremely unlikely. Thats the idea anyway.

If necessary he does. I give him the stegadon helm and a great weapon. With D3 str 5 impact hits, 4+ str 7 attacks, and 2 str 4 attacks he puts out a good amount of hurt. Certainly enough to butcher fast cav or great eagles and the like.

I prefer to keep him with the block, but I'd rather launch him out than get my horde redirected into a vulnerable position.

If necessary he does. I give him the stegadon helm and a great weapon. With D3 str 5 impact hits, 4+ str 7 attacks, and 2 str 4 attacks he puts out a good amount of hurt. Certainly enough to butcher fast cav or great eagles and the like.

I prefer to keep him with the block, but I'd rather launch him out than get my horde redirected into a vulnerable position.

That's the dude on CO? If he goes Stupid does that bone the whole horde?

That's the dude on CO? If he goes Stupid does that bone the whole horde?

It sure does. But with cold-blooded leadership 8 you pass the test 89% of the time. With a BSB re-roll, you'll fail just over one out of 100 tests.

My scar-vet on a cold one charged a Charibdis (off a hill) just this very night aaand clobbered it good and proper. Saw it right off the table, I did.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.