Chaos Dwarfs

imo... CD have the best looking models of any army.   i looked hard at CD when i was going to do a second army, but because they arent supported by GW made me hesitant of them.  tournaments have to include them and they dont always do that which is a bummer.  plus if you like playing with a bunch of decent builds, CD are probably not one of those armies.  they have a few really good builds and then the rest are terrible.  hard to find a 'middle line' with that army as well.  if you like monsters and war machines they are definitely the army to go for though :)  and if you like top hat wizards!  

I'm a big, big fan of the CD list. You can be a twit but there's also a lot of scope for other builds.

I'm not a huge fan of the Forge World models, though objectively they're really quite nice, just not to my taste. If I can ever figure out a conversion/counts as army that wouldn't be wildly confusing...

I have to disagree with dontpanic about the list building perspective.  I faced two completely different 'middle line' armies, during OFCC, and both did very well against me (they both beat me).  Neither of them were OTP nor were they 'weak'.  They just had the non-standard choices which you commonly see and both only had 2 war machines.  None of them were the earthshaker and only one of them had a single flame cannon.  They both had the rocket warmachine and those were far from OTP but were effective.

This army is like any other.  You can build it with all the strengths offered or you can can make a well-balanced army.  The only downfall is that this isn't a commonly seen army in most communities (mainly due to the high cost associated with this army) and so the first few games may take just as much time explaining your army as you spend playing a game.

However, I have always thought Chaos Dwarves were the coolest army in Warhammer.  They are what originally brought me to the game.  It was only after my long wait of getting into the game when I found out the army wasn't supported by GW.

At any rate, with all that said, great idea for an army!

Funny, MN, CD's were what really sold me on Warhammer as well. I thought a number of the models were sweet but it was the Bull Centaur's and the Bale Taurus that really put the game over the top for me.

I ended up with daemons as someone was leaving the game and selling them on the cheap, but I never lost the love for them. Too bad picking up the old big hats is absurdly expensive.

• Like 1

what do you know, MN arguing with me on another topic... this has crossed my line now.  i dont have a clue as to what your beef is with me but be respectful and present your own opinion without calling me out anymore.  id appreciate that. i really dont enjoy getting into pissing matches on forums, which is what you seem to like to push on me.  i could bring up more reasons as to why i disagree but it's to the point where im just tired of it and will probably just stop posting my opinions on this site...

what do you know, MN arguing with me on another topic... this has crossed my line now. i dont have a clue as to what your beef is with me but be respectful and present your own opinion without calling me out anymore. id appreciate that. i really dont enjoy getting into pissing matches on forums, which is what you seem to like to push on me. i could bring up more reasons as to why i disagree but it's to the point where im just tired of it and will probably just stop posting my opinions on this site...

I'm not arguing with you about anything. I just said that I disagreed and then I stated my opinion. I have no beef with you. If you look at many of my other posts, if I disagree with what someone said I state. Don't take the internet so seriously. I meant no disrespect from my post.

However, in the future, I won't put your name in any of my posts.

My opinion of Chaos Dwarfs is that they fill the "exclusivity" niche of Warhammer, some people just need that. Obscure army list and super expensive models from a specialty provider, this fits the criteria.

Cool fluff, cool army, I do wish GW would just support them, but they dont.

The Kdaai destroyer is retarded. 

I'm not arguing with you about anything. I just said that I disagreed and then I stated my opinion. I have no beef with you. If you look at many of my other posts, if I disagree with what someone said I state. Don't take the internet so seriously. I meant no disrespect from my post.

However, in the future, I won't put your name in any of my posts.

So here is the thing... I don't really know you Mr Ninja, and while we spoke briefly at OFCC and you were totally cool in real life... the fact of the matter is that you are pretty much a dick on the forums. What I have come to realize over time however is that I don't think your internet persona is how yoiu mean to portray yourself... but more a side effect of failing to project your opinions as what they are... opinions. Honestly, a majority of your posts are worded like "My way or the highway, also you are dumb" and the fact of the matter is that it gets old.

Every time I post something in this forum it seems to generate a "You are wrong" response from you and/or HeroZero (Sorry to drag you in to this Hero, but your posts tend to do the same) and it makes me less willing/able/caring about discussing Warhammer. I know you guys play lots more warhammer than me (these days) and you have piles of valuable insights into play styles units and so forth. But the constant "I am right" attitude has become tiresome and I think that is what this was about. I can't really speak for Dont panic, but I am fairly confident that this is what he has taken offense to (and in my opinion rightfully so). I also imagine that for people that interact with you on a regular basis it is less of an issue as  they better understand your social nuances  But for the rest of us, please, take a step back, look at your posts ant ask "Should I qualify this as my opinion... or is this an undisputed fact?"

Also, sorry generalripphook for sullying your thread but I honestly feel this needed to be said. For further discussions lets PM or or start new threads.

Also, I have had/ran CD armies since around '95. I love em.

• Like 5

I think the model details are just amazing. I hadn't heard about forge world or CD when I started getting into the hobby/game but when I did, wow. being a VC player I was instantly envious of the appropriately proportioned body parts (yes I'm talking about you oversized ham fisted zombies).

I have very little experience playing against them so run afoul of the 'on paper' impression the army can leave people with. I cringe when I think if playing regular dwarfs and most of the word of mouth I've been exposed to ran along the line of 'if you think dwarfs are tough try going against CD...'

that all being said if I was to adopt a second army (a BIG if for anyone that knows me) it would be CD.

I think they were really a love or hate thing Talapas, with most siding on the hate side given their lack of love over the years.

I just found the antagonistic way they were all modeled to be highly amusing. Dwarves with so much of a chip on their shoulder at being small that they all wear big hats to posture around in is just funny to me.

• Like 1

I like the mantic model line for Chaos Dwarves. It is the one line that keeps pulling me back to look at it. I never cared for the big hats of old CD, and the new FW ones are very nice...but way too expensive. So if I wanted to collect an army now, you bet it would be Mantic's. None of their models really compete with GW in terms of quality. But they I don't think they warrant words like 'trash'.