A Different"ish" Wood Elf army

So, I opened up the Wood Elves army book again today to do some research on a few things and started writing up an army during the process.  I then got to thinking, "what would a unique"ish" wood elf army look like"?

Here's what I came up with:

Lords

Glade Lord w/the spirit sword

He joins the rangers in the second rank and either solo charges a monster or character for a heroic kill (hopefully) or stays with the unit and makes way when needed (to put the sword to use).  I really like the sword and just want to see it used in a game.

Spellweaver w/lore of life, level 4 wizard, acorn of the ages

She drops a few more woods for the army to take advantage of (more for the rangers in the middle of the table to take advantage of and for "The Stag Captain" to bounce around).  She also joins the rangers so Lore of Life was the final choice.

Heroes

Glade Captain w/battle standard, the banner of the hunter king

The choice was made for multiple reasons.  First for the vanguard option and second for the re-roll to the first failed charge.  I have the option to cross the table pretty quickly with the rangers having the banner of swiftness.  Not sure how this will work but with some delicate training it will work.

Glade Captain w/great weapon, obsidian lodestone

He joins the rangers to take up space in the front rank and offers MR3 to the unit.

Glade Captain w/great stag, moonstone of the hidden ways, enchanted shield

He has the option to go solo or join the wild riders.  "Why would I ever want to lose the fast cav rule", you ask?  Here's why.  With all the possible woods on the table I can just teleport the unit on turn 1 and start doing great things on turn 2.  Screw getting baited with chaff!

Shadowdancer w/dispel scroll

She joins the rangers for a few reasons.  First, she takes up a slot in the front rank.  Second, she has the ability to either take away the rank bonus of an enemy unit or can lock up a kitted-out character for a round of combat utilizing her 3++.

Glade Guard w/musician, standard bearer, trueflight arrows

Shoot, move, and communicate...

25 Wildwood Rangers w/full command, banner of swiftness

This unit fill multiple roles.  I can pack a ton of characters in here, vanguard towards the enemy, and see what happens...  I also have the option to just pack it into a building with all the characters and save points.  There's also the option to just leave it in the back field, spread the characters out as needed, and wait for the enemy to come to me.  I like the variety this unit has with the different characters in the army.  It can do some real damage in a woods (which is why I went with the 2-4 wood build).  These models are also my favorite of all the new wood elf models!

5 Wild Riders w/shields

This unit either operates on their own or adopts "The Stag Captain" and they teleport around the table to a prime position.

5 Waywatchers

Great Eagel

The war machine rusher or re-director

Great Eagel

The war machine rusher or re-director

Total Points: 2,499

Comp Score: 15

I have no idea how this army would actually do.  I just liked the unique feel it had to the army.  I feel there are several choices in the army which aren't seen often, if at all, with most wood elf armies.  The one thing I am uncertain about is the dispel scroll on the shadowdancer.  I am extremely uncertain if that is a legal build.  If she isn't allowed to take the dispel scroll, I'll have to change the army around.  At any rate, this is what I came up with.

Its legal if you give her a wizard level. Shes usually my scroll caddy.

I like the list very much! Coming from orcs and goblins, Wood elves feel a bit limited in list selection to me. But there are plenty of things. I havent tried, like the spirit sword.

Im curious, why the standards in the glade guard units? I never bother to bring anything but a musician. And. I usually put a standard and champ in the wild riders to be extra sure I can break a unit on the charge.

The acorn and the moonstone seem cool, though I never want to spend all those points and lord slots.

Looks like a really fun list. I need to pick up some of those rangers.

When I build a list I always keep blood and glory in the back of my mind. The standards give the army a fortitude of 8. I was going to give the wild riders an upgrade but decided against it. My thought process was that if they didn't beat the unit on the charge then it wasn't meant to be. I also figured that if The Stag Captain joined them they would get the extra punxh they needed for the first turn win. The combo with the moonstone is to set the unit up on turn 1 in a position to fight units that don't have a ton of ranks.

"ish" is just too light of a delineation. 

I dont see this as different at all, every WE army ive seen with the new book is based around 3-6 units of 10 GG with trueflight, might as well throw out the rest of their core selections.  

You HAVE done the MN thing and brought 6 characters and a unit of Rangers, which is awesome.

I like the list, I just dont see it as being anything out of the ordinary.