Kings of War v2 Kickstarter

Brother Glacius

So I own KoW v1 and I like it. It does not have the same depth that fantasy has, but it also doesn't have the same BS that fantasy has. It is more straight up, my units versus your units, lets roll some dice.

Well now the v2 kickstarter has popped up, which with Mantic, normally means crazy deals. But I find myself a bit hesitant to jump in. I don't really need models...so the $50 book entry looks good...but I fear if I do that, that I won't be able to stop myself from getting more models anyways.

Is this on anyone's radar?

This is being billed as their "mini" kickstarter, and most of the deals are for army bundles of existing product. So unless you want new toys or there are a ton of exclusive add ons that catch your fancy, hold off.

I think they're planning on a "big" kickstarter to reboot their warpath line in 2015. Also, their crazy Christmas deal will probably reappear this December if you want a random grab bag. It's never been as good as the first year with the messenger bags full of sprues, but it's still a pretty good deal (and kind of fun).

I can actually say that I've played a handful of KoW games, and it is not only a fairly quick system, but it was fun. The best part was that there was no fear of "meta combo" action going on. Characters were not gods. The biggest threat was pretty much warmachines...and then only to small units. The odds of them hitting I think are only 33% or less most of the time. If anyone wants to give it a whirl, let me know and we can get in a game.

OK, I took the plunge for $150. I'm looking at the Abyssal Dwarfs and some extras like the Soul Reavers. They are currently at $201K and have couple more goals announced. 

I watched the demo games from Beasts of War (that they did last year) and reread the 1st edition rules last night. I am excited about getting the new rules and models; I might even be inspired to build/paint my Empire guys just to play.  :smile: