gone for a year.

Splitwrist

Hey guys life sort of snuck up on me and took me out of the game for a little over a year now I'm looking to jump back in but was a little surprised to see that there is a new edition to learn. Anybody have a minute to tell me what's changed? I play power armour and the last thing I remember game wise was waiting for some chapter supplements to come out.  

• Like 1

Biggest change is army construction. The rest are tweaks and above. Course everything scores now is also a major game changer almost forgot! If you follow the old construction rules your troops will be objective secured. I think of it as Clown scoring only another objective secured unit can stop them claiming an objective. There are now faction (new term for army/codex that includes supplements as the same thing) specific army constructions called detachments that remove objective secured give you different bonus and will have different unit requirements. There is also unbound take anything you want no force org but you get no extra rules ie no objective secured.

Big thing is to communicate with your opponent about army construction. Don't just assume every one plays unbound. Have fun!

Hey guys life sort of snuck up on me and took me out of the game for a little over a year now I'm looking to jump back in but was a little surprised to see that there is a new edition to learn. Anybody have a minute to tell me what's changed? I play power armour and the last thing I remember game wise was waiting for some chapter supplements to come out.  

This might help:

link

Random question but does anybody know if Telion's shroud still stacks with camo cloaks stealth?

Camo cloaks no longer grant stealth. They just add to cover. So stealth and/or shrounded will stack.

In terms of changes, if you've not used the current C:SM codex, you can no longer field telion without making the entire army ultra marines. No more mixing and matching special characters of different chapters in the same detachment.

In terms of changes, if you've not used the current C:SM codex, you can no longer field telion without making the entire army ultra marines. No more mixing and matching special characters of different chapters in the same detachment.

I was aware of these changes I just wanted to make sure the BRB didn't nullify this nice little buff for the smurfs

I was aware of these changes I just wanted to make sure the BRB didn't nullify this nice little buff for the smurfs

The main change in the BRB is that they ditched area terrain. People often use it anyway, but rules wise, it's gone. Instead, it's all LOS based saves.