VC help 2000 pt list

Hey I posted a little while ago about skeletons or zombies. I now have got some models and threw together a list. I am looking to just have a basic list to get right into playing and then do changes as I do play testing and able to get more models. This is what I have so far....I would appreciate any advice about where I can improve it. Also I am not really looking for a stomp all list but one that is not going to be wiped off the table either.

Vampire lord lv 3: 456 pts

Ogre Blade, Emchanted Shield, Tailsman of Preservation, aura of dark majesty, beguile, quickblood, lore of vampires

Vampire lv 2: 209 pts

Sword of Anti Heroes, Aura of Dark Majesty, Dread Knight, lore of vampires

Necromancer lv 2: 160

Master of the dead, dispel scroll, Tailsman of Protection, lore of vampires

Skelton warriors 230 pts

34 w/ full command, hw and shield and screaming banner

Skelton warriors 205 pts

34 w full command, hw and shield

Zombies 23: 69 pts

2x5 Dire Wolves

4 Vargheists

6 Hexwraith

Terrorgheist

I am planning on running the lord and the necromancer in the skeletons with the screaming banner, the vampire in the other skelly unit. I want to make people have to keep taking leadership tests at lowered leadership. Maybe get things to run away or just really screw with them in CC with reroll inn hits. The wolves will be re-directors and specials will be for back line stuff to get them to come to me. I was thinking spirit hosts but to fit them in?

Looks good. I'd drop the ward save on the Necromancer. He is going to die if punched in the face. No reason to give up more points then need be for a scroll caddy. You can give the hexwraiths a champion for more punch. An extra str 5 no armorsave attack is worth 10 points.

If you are really thinking of adding spirit hosts, try dropping the Vargheist to 3, and the points from that and the Talisman of Prot should get you one.

I like it though. Even if you don't change anything it's a solid list.

This is a solid VC list. I like the big units of skellies, they will give you staying power and keep you in most games long term.  I like that you have 7 levels of magic meaning you "could" have every spell in every game at your disposal, thats invaluable with VC, gotta have options in the magic phase.  The Vargheists, hexwraiths, and terrorgheist will support those blocks perfectly. 

Is this your first WH army?

Thanks Iraf...that makes sense with the necromancer. I have a Vargheists at 4 because I am expecting 1-2 of them dying before getting into combat. If that's the case then it will still hit units solidly at 2-3 models compared to 1-2.

Fixxer... Yes this is my first VC army. I got into fantasy with warriors of chaos, but I didn't play too much because I had a lot going on at the time. I had always liked the idea of one though so now that I am getting back into fantasy I wanted a fresh start with a new army. I didn't want to make the same mistakes that I have done in the past where I buy all the cool new GW models and then have nothing to play with. I do like the idea of strong vampires and big Skelton hordes. The zombies I am planning on building up the first couple of turns and try to throw them at somerging. I do understand that the list might change some as I play.

Id also consider planning your 2500pt list as this seems to be the current level most people are playing. Although I do like 2000pt games, its so 5 years ago. haha. 

Great first list, Id like to see how you'd bring it up to 2500... Corpse cart, spirit hosts, black knights would be my suggestions. Welcome back!

Id also consider planning your 2500pt list as this seems to be the current level most people are playing. Although I do like 2000pt games, its so 5 years ago. haha. 

Great first list, Id like to see how you'd bring it up to 2500... Corpse cart, spirit hosts, black knights would be my suggestions. Welcome back!

It's at 2000 pts right now because it is models that I currently have. To go up to 2500 I would add another 5 wolves, 2 spirit hosts that would be run seperately, and either add 29 GG w/ GW or 10 black Knights and a corpse cart.