Ordo 40k Escalation League - Beginning January 13th

AgentP

ANNOUNCEMENT

Beginning January 6, 2015, Ordo Fanaticus will be hosting a 40k escalation league. This is a great opportunity for new and veteran players to get their 40k groove on for the new year. The league will run for 9 weeks, and culminate in a single-day three round tournament - The Annihilation.

LEAGUE DATES and POINT LEVELS

League games are played on Tuesday game night at WOW. The dates and point levels will be as follows

**EDIT** - NOTE THE NEW DATES

January 13 - 1000 pts

January 20 - 1100 pts

January 27 - 1200 pts

February 3 - 1300 pts

February 10 - 1400 pts

February 17 - 1500 pts

February 24 - 1600 pts

March 3 - 1700 pts

March 10 - 1850 pts

Each week will involve special scenarios, with unique opportunities to obtain league points.

PAINTING

The point of the league is to help provide motivation to build a tournament ready army. Hence, you will earn league points for models painted during the week.

FOOD

The point of the league is also to encourage sportsmanship and build camaraderie. Therefore, you will earn league points for bringing snacks for your fellow league players. Think of this as a gaming potluck.

BLOGGING

And the league serves to strengthen the Ordo community. Thus, you will earn league points for blogging, or making an Ordo post about your army, painting, building, etc., during the week.

The Annihilation

In mid-March, at a date to be announced, Ordo Fanaticus will host The Annihilation, a 3 round one-day 40k tournament. You do not need to have participated in the escalation league to play in the tournament, but priority on spots goes to escalation league participants, and league participants will receive a bonus to their score in The Annihilation. In addition to normal prize support, the winner of this tourney will receive a FREE TICKET to the 2015 OFCC!

Of particular note - The Annihilation will be a Highlander Tournament. What is a highlander tournament? It is a tournament where you are limited to one instance of a unit ("There can be only one!"), thus encouraging people to bring diverse lists, with no unit spam. More details will follow, but keep this in mind as you build and paint your escalation armies.

CONCLUSION

I hope to see many new and old faces at the league. It's open to all, from veterans to complete newbies. So start making your Christmas lists for that army you've always wanted to paint and play, and we'll see you January 6, 2015!

• Like 1

"Of particular note - The Annihilation will be a Highlander Tournament.  What is a highlander tournament?  It is a tournament where you are limited to one instance of a unit ("There can be only one!"), thus encouraging people to bring diverse lists, with no unit spam.  More details will follow, but keep this in mind as you build and paint your escalation armies. " 

AgentP....YOU ROCK!!!

I`m Down for this with AM/SW!

So what about allies? I took up AB and figured out how many points I could squeeze out of my MT units, and came up with 1000pts. So are allies allowed in this league I hope? Otherwise I'll have to do a different army.

Wait, so even Troop choices are limited to one? Yeesh.

p.s. I'm in...hopefully with Militarum Tempestus

I think the highlander thing is just for the tournament. The escalation doesn't have any construction rules that I saw.

For the league, yes, allies are allowed.  Allies are a normal part of 7th edition now.  Unbound armies will not be allowed, but multiple CAD will, as well as the usual CAD plus allied detachment.  Likewise, fortifications, lords of war, etc., are allowed as those are normal part of 7th ed games now.  FW is also allowed, so feel free to make your Eldar Corsair army, just make sure you bring rules for your opponent.  Codex supplements, data slates, etc are allowed.  The league itself is not highlander, only the Annihilation will be.  With respect to troops in Annihilation, you can repeat a troop choice, but only once you have elected one of each available troop choice for the army.  Thus, I can field a second unit of tac marines only after I've also selected a unit of scouts and all the other troop entries in the book.

• Like 1

Couple of questions came my way, here are your answers:

1. Do I have to attend every week? - Nope.  Attend when you can.  Life happens, it's cool

2. Do I have to play the same army/faction throughout the league? - Nope.  Play what you want.  Use the league to try things out.  Experiment.  Bring Eldar one week, marines the next, no one cares.

3. Can I play my weekly league game someplace else, at a different time? - No, sorry.  To get league points, you have to be at WOW on Tuesday.

4. If I sign up for the league do I have to play in the Annihilation? - Nope, two separate things.  But league players get first dibs on spots for the tournament.

5. If I don't want to paint, can I still play in the league? - Sure.  You won't get painting points, but you can play with bare plastic the whole league if you want.  

6. Does it cost to play in the league?  - No, the league is free.  However, you will still be paying game night dues.  Those vary depending upon Champion level.  The fee for GN attendance is free for an Emperor, $2 for a Warlord, and $5 for an Ordo Fanaticus member. Dues can be paid in person at Game Night and cover an entire year. Costs for dues are $100 for Emperor and $30 for Warlord.

• Like 1