End Times Part III, The Elfening

So rumors of White Dwarf sightings are being spread and from what I can gather is if you thought book I and II were a big twist just hold on to your pansies you pointy eared bunch.

The Elven Civil War will finally end with a victor and Malekith doesn't appear to be the Bad Guy this time.

The hints have been Gods start dying and someone draws the Sword of Kaine and Malekith was smart enough Not to draw it when he was raising to power before the Sundering. In other words Malekith thought that the Sword was too powerful for him and knew he would lose that battle between Kaine's will and his. Malekith knew that. Someone else makes the mistake Malekith knew about.

So guess who might be on the Pheonix King's side now?

Also Magic is changing again with new spells for all the Battle Lores.

Still pretty salty tasteing for now but we will find out more this weekend.

• Like 1

That sounds fun: White Lions?  Swordmasters?  Both would be a welcome improvement on my DE infantry (which right now is mostly there for their good looks, haha!)

I still find it weird. My DE lists have been mostly Infantry (corsairs, black guard and darkshards. Heresy by DE standards.) and I thought my DE stood its ground with them.

Maybe it was my Kharidyss that brought my list back into a good list. :wink:

Dark Elves are good no matter how you slice it, or your enemies I guess.

Before you people go insane with the speculation of this and that combo, keep in mind that you could combine the Empire and Bretonnians in the End Times Book 2 for a single ...scenario.....

Very well maybe what will happen but if the storyline is going the direction the rumors have hinted there maybe only one combined Elf race in the aftermath. I mean it sounds like the Elves as a whole get whacked hard. Why else would Malekith follow an Asur? Aside from him possibly being his farther reincarnated.

I still find it weird. My DE lists have been mostly Infantry (corsairs, black guard and darkshards. Heresy by DE standards.) and I thought my DE stood its ground with them.

Maybe it was my Kharidyss that brought my list back into a good list. :wink:

Dark Elves are good no matter how you slice it, or your enemies I guess.

That's because those are all very good units.  Unless you start slamming down harpies and medusas you're not really pulling any infantry in DE that suffer from inadequacy.  High Elves mostly bring better magic items (Banner of Most Fun engage!) and access to faster heavy troops given the limitations on cold one/monster speed. 

Even if they do "legion" the elves together (which I believe would be a poor decision) it won't bring a whole lot to the HE/DE table considering how well fleshed out both factions are.  Sure you'll be able to choose between which mirror unit is best suited for the new lists you build, but the overall efficacy won't increase that much.