End Times Part III, The Elfening

Ok, I want everyone to grab a big can of salt before you read this next rumor. No I mean more salt.

Ok, ready?

"Magic is now 4d6. No generating spells, you know ALL of the lore, regardless of level. Nagash will know every lore he has access to, for example. Wizard levels only helps with casting/dispelling now."

Ok, not sure if this is real and if it is just a scenario or if it is a rule change like the ones in Nagash. But holy s.. cakes, are they for real?

Ok, I want everyone to grab a big can of salt before you read this next rumor. No I mean more salt.

Ok, ready?

"Magic is now 4d6. No generating spells, you know ALL of the lore, regardless of level. Nagash will know every lore he has access to, for example. Wizard levels only helps with casting/dispelling now."

Ok, not sure if this is real and if it is just a scenario or if it is a rule change like the ones in Nagash. But holy s.. cakes, are they for real?

Humm,...well I suppose there would be more chances at miscasting.

But yeah that would be over the top.

Though since im building a Nagash list now I would feel like im "hitting the groove" at the right moment if this is true :laugh:

:ohmy: ...  :huh: ... :blink:... :angry: ... *drops dice and exits stage right*... (overreaction but i would not be a happy camper with this... )

Well first this is very salty even though some have seen some rules already most rumor seeds haven't so this maybe just a second hand bit. There maybe something to it we haven't seen. Second we don't know how many dispel dice will be granted either on a 4D6. But Dwarfs do have means to be anti-magic so look into some of those options. 

And when someone throws 6 dice at a spell every turn you can laugh full hardy when their wizard goes *BANG!*. Free point for you.

B22Kl-YIcAA2PUA.jpg_large.jpg

• Lore of Life: Storm of the Renaissance. 15+. Vortex. Any flown unit gains 2d6 + 1H.
  • Lore of Beasts: Murder of Crows. 15+. Vortex. Any flown model suffers an impact of F3.
  • Lore of Fire: Debilitating heat. 20+. Damn. All battlefield units roll a dice and discard the highest over loading, chase or flee. They also have the special rule Flammable. 
  • Lore of Light: Lighting. 20+. Curse on the enemy and empowerment for friend. As a curse, all units of the Forces of Destruction to throw 4D6 12um check in L. For every point they fail, they suffer a wound without TSA. As empowerment, all units of the security forces to gain 12um Unbreakable special rule. 
  • Lore of Metal: Meteoric Breastplate. 15+. Empowerment. Select a friend to 24UM or less drive. Make a save of 2+.

The lore of metal is a +2 ward save. \

The lore of life is a vortex of uber healing, 2d6 +1 wounds 

The lore of fire targets all enemy units and they roll an addition d6 for all charges, flees and persue and discard the highest and fire attacks re-roll failed to wounds against them 

The lore of light gives the forces of order unbreakable and the forces of chaos have to take a leadership test on 4d6 and takes a wound for every point over their leadership. 

lore of beasts is a vortex that does strength 3 hits

The lore of metal is a +2 ward save. \

The lore of life is a vortex of uber healing, 2d6 +1 wounds 

The lore of fire targets all enemy units and they roll an addition d6 for all charges, flees and persue and discard the highest and fire attacks re-roll failed to wounds against them 

The lore of light gives the forces of order unbreakable and the forces of chaos have to take a leadership test on 4d6 and takes a wound for every point over their leadership. 

lore of beasts is a vortex that does strength 3 hits

Bah.... Wow, better than I first thought.

Thanks by the way.

On the plus side it specifically states in End TImes games. This leads to the next thing that this is much like using Storm of Magic and End Times is a specific game and not a standard game. We'll have to wait for the final rules but the picture above this post has is stated for End Times games.

The one argument I see for this new rule is that if you use the other rules from the other ET books then you are playing an ET game. (50/50 Lord/Hero, Lore of Undeath, Combined Armies, etc.)

Then again this is a clip from WD and not the ET book so the wording here means nothing. It really depends on the Wording in the Rule Book.

Well best thing to do is not get worked up yet but start planning how your game might change. My O&G will be happy to get to use any spell but they still will most likely not get anything from End Times, like the new Battle Magic spell. But the big question is How will dispelling work now? More dispel dice means more chances to stop that big spell with more dice and let the smaller ones through.

I think use any spell in the lore would be cool. 50 percent lords and heroes isn't and Times, they specifically FAQed the rulebook for that. It'd be reasonable if you rolled 4d6, but still only took the highest 2. That way, magic phases would be more reliably potent, but not game dominating. Sucks to be a dwarf, though.

The one argument I see for this new rule is that if you use the other rules from the other ET books then you are playing an ET game. (50/50 Lord/Hero, Lore of Undeath, Combined Armies, etc.)

Then again this is a clip from WD and not the ET book so the wording here means nothing. It really depends on the Wording in the Rule Book.

Well best thing to do is not get worked up yet but start planning how your game might change. My O&G will be happy to get to use any spell but they still will most likely not get anything from End Times, like the new Battle Magic spell. But the big question is How will dispelling work now? More dispel dice means more chances to stop that big spell with more dice and let the smaller ones through.

As Graham stated, the 50/50 lords and heroes, lore of undeath, combined armies are not End Times games.  Those are rules for standard warhammer games.

Like I said, we'll have to wait on the book for the final ruling; however, if the ruling is the same as above and it stays with  the magic working that way when playing ET games then you most likely won't see this too often.  At the point the magic phase goes to 4D6 and a wizard knows every spell then you'll just see a ton of level 1's running around and you could get access to the same lore more than once.  It would get out of control extremely fast with magic.  The counter to more dispel dice is that you just take 3 level 1 wizards of the same lore and always 6 dice the spell.