End Times Part III, The Elfening

Well understand that but in past WD with the first two ET books they also said "When playing End time games you can use 50% blah blah blah" but there is no End Time Games just new rules. If it follows the same pattern then this to will be made offical for all games.

Now this could be a scenario from ET III but they don't normally hype up just scenarios with these books.

Again, not saying you guys are wrong just saying them saying End Times games means nothing if we go by the last two books.

Oh, I didn't know the same words were used in past white dwarf magazines. I stopped buying them when they changed the format.

It was that wording when Nagash came out that had the internet community fighting over if the 50% Lord/Hero and the Lore of Undeath was to be used in just End Time Book games or if it was all games. Since there was no established End Time Games as of yet I think someone needs to stop writing previews for WD.

White Dwarf's way of wording releases sucks more than the products of Hoover.

Hey All:

Since when has Gav Thorpe returned to the GW fold? Is this a recent thing?

Is the "gone in 60 seconds" Khaine thing available in iBook format?

What is the "Curse of Khaine" end times book?

Gav Thorpe's been around, mostly Dark Angels novels as of late that I know of but he one of the rule book writers pool too.

Khaine is on iBook for about $10 less. My backup is GG falls through.

Curse of Khaine should be the Novel that comes with the End Times book. (From the past two novels it might be slightly different from the core ET story in the ET book.)

Hopefully the 4d6 is scenario specific as well. Though, that Nurgle spell.... 5d6 hits that wound on a 4 with no armour saves.... And 10 wounds get you a 375 point Great Unclean One. Wow. 25 to cast, but wow.

25 is no big deal - we're really talking a 21 with the L4 bonus, which is exactly average on 6 dice. Even easier with a Power Scroll. Or a pair of 6's. :wink:

I've been reading that for casting and dispelling a wizzie rolls a d6 and that is the number of dice they get to use. After declaring the wizzie and spell they are going to attempt. So you could declare a big spell only to roll for 1-2 dice to throw at it. Or the dispeller could roll 5-6 on their dispelling die and shut it down.

I'm wondering if the 4d6 will be the number of power dice generating rolls you get (ie you get 4 casting attempts, each generating d6 dice). Nothing to substantiate it, just a guess.

I fear that this will lead to grossly feast or famine magic phases, which I have no affinity for whatsoever. Randomly randomized randomness - like we need more of that. Sheesh.

Maybe in place of a game of Warhammer we will just stroll up to the table and, instead of the roll off for table sides, we each cast a die and call that game.....

Just a Rumor but some hopeful stuff here.

By Shadeseraph on Ulthuan

"more things:

Loremaster:

The loremaster special rule is changed to the following:

A wizard with the loremaster special rule can re-roll all of the dice used to attempt to cast a spell from his chosen lore, including rolls that result in the spell being miscast and/or cast with irresistible force. Thhe lore in question is normally given in brackets as part of the Loremaster special rule. For example, a model with the Loremaster (fire) special rule could re-roll attempts to cast spells from the Lore of Fire.

General:

Spells can be used any number of times in each Magic phase, as long as all previous attempts to cast the spell have been successful. The only exception to this are End Times spells, and any other spell with a casting value of 15+ or more, which can only be selected once each Magic Phase, wither the previous attempt to cast them was successful or not.

Withards never break concentration, and can keep on casting spells as long as dice are left in the power pool. However, a spell still fails if the total of the dice scores is less than 3.

After picking a wizard and declaring which spell you want them to cast, you must roll a D6. THe result of the roll is the maximum number of dice you can use to cast that spell (the minimum number of dice you must use is always one). You must also roll a D6 to see how many dice a Wizard can use to dispel a spell.

EDIT:

The Magic of the End Times rules must be used instead of the rules from the Warhammer rulebook if any of the following conditions apply:

-Magic of the End Times is listed as a special rule for a scenario.

-If either player is fielding an army chosen using an Elven Hosts army list from this book.

-If either player is using a unit from the New Armies and Units section of this book.

-If either player wants to use the Magic of the End Times rules instead of the rules for magic in the Warhammer rulebook."

I think you should replace "If either player wants..." with " If both players agree to....." but GW will want to sell this ET stuff.

Just a side note there will be a lot of Elf players killing themselves soon from the sounds of it. They heard that Malekith might truely become the Phoenix King after 6000 years. Never knew players of the strongest army had such a mellodramatic side to them..... Oh wait, I did. :tongue:

(They should also know that it doesn't matter what Malekith did, which was mostly his mother's fualt, becuase this is not a Mortal choice. The Phoenix King is honestly the choice of a God.)

• Like 1

So I just got the three End Times books, haven't really paid much attention to the story until now, so pardon the stupid question but I was wondering: are they chronological?  Should I read them "Nagash/Glottkin/Khaine" in that order?  I'm eager for the Khaine book but don't want to go out of order if there is a dependency in story arc from book to book.

Thanks my fellow nerds, I love you all!

<3
N