Just When You Thought Forge World Couldn't Get Any Crazier

Romans832

Forge World is an absolute mistake to allow in tournaments and so is all this Escalation/Apocalypse crap.  Look at what happened at Adepticon.

But whatevs.  If an Arms race is what its about, then I guess thats what its about.  Doesnt have to be though.  TO's can put their foot down and just say "hey:  we're focusing on competition that DOESNT involve layering on a thousand dollars worth of books and models and some pretty hard feelings.  Maybe triple Pylons ISNT that fun to play against and maybe fun DOES matter".

Or we can just pretend like no one "would" have fun if not allowed to pile on.  I find that assumption dubious to say the least.

Forge World is an absolute mistake to allow in tournaments and so is all this Escalation/Apocalypse crap.  Look at what happened at Adepticon.

But whatevs.  If an Arms race is what its about, then I guess thats what its about.  Doesnt have to be though.  TO's can put their foot down and just say "hey:  we're focusing on competition that DOESNT involve layering on a thousand dollars worth of books and models and some pretty hard feelings.  Maybe triple Pylons ISNT that fun to play against and maybe fun DOES matter".

Or we can just pretend like no one "would" have fun if not allowed to pile on.  I find that assumption dubious to say the least.

THE PULPIT OF UNORTHODOXY STRIKES AGAIN! NAIL THE MISSIVE TO THE CHURCH DOORS BOYS AND GALS!

• Like 1

THE PULPIT OF UNORTHODOXY STRIKES AGAIN! NAIL THE MISSIVE TO THE CHURCH DOORS BOYS AND GALS!

You know I'm not wrong.  People WOULD have fun without Escalation or Apocalypse or Forge World allowed.  years and years of proof is there if you dare to look. 

This game has to be about the NEWEST player and making it accessible to him.  I can't say it in enough places enough times.

Just saying.  If that's a pulpit of Unorthodoxy, so be it.  Let the sermon begin.

My beef is that they allow FW and apoc units via escalation, but if you suggest adding apoc formations, then you've crossed a line. Those formations really balance the apoc units with the regular units...Data slates are basically just apoc formations...

Anyway, I think the only solid way to balance 40k is if they had a points requirement added to the dataslates, formations and super heavies. Like a minimum game size requirement. That revenant, in example, has no place in a 2k game. We jump 4k or 5k and they aren't too broken. 40k has a lot of game scaling related issues.