Pax's Imperial Army (expanded topic from minotaur/exorcist thread)

That's crazy, since from that standpoint, all the rules for the Chapter tactics are free online, and they do sell the Space Marine models you'd need to use it!

In all honesty, it really isn't that big a deal.

I will note that the FW chapter tactics are posted for 6th edition and feature lots of errors (For example, my Minotaurs don't take PANIC tests against shooting attacks).

The penitent psyker, dozer blade and cupola are all magnetized so I can remove them and put an immo turret on it if I want an immo.

Psyker represents the increased armor. :)

edit: If I ever use rhinos, I used unmodified rhinos (not using the immo kit) to represent them so that there is no confusion.

I kitbashed/magnetized my immos to be immos or repressors.

522436_sm-.jpg

I have since upgraded the dozers to Leman Russ dozers.

Aren't those shorter than the Repressors? Fire points aren't modeled on, either, right?

They look nice, but those aren't Repressors.

Aren't those shorter than the Repressors? Fire points aren't modeled on, either, right?

They look nice, but those aren't Repressors.

Actually, they are almost the same size. The immolator kit comes up higher than a rhino (it has a top plate similar to the Repressor). It also has little windows on it (white on my model) that make great Fire points. It works out to being almost the exact same size/shape with similar fire point placement, so is a good count-as model.

• Like 2

Actually, they are almost the same size. The immolator kit comes up higher than a rhino (it has a top plate similar to the Repressor). It also has little windows on it (white on my model) that make great Fire points. It works out to being almost the exact same size/shape with similar fire point placement, so is a good count-as model.

Interesting. Well, that does explain why I haven't "seen" any Repressors, but you say they're common in lists. I've been remembering them as Immolators.

Look for the turret. And how many sisters players do you play?

The only other one I know of around here runs immos.

So few. Even over the years, so few. At one point, one of the knightfall regulars had a sisters army they were painting, but I don't recall them ever playing it.

A few times I've seen new players with really poorly painted sisters - that's the worst, I think. Sisters are pretty models and if not pretty, such a waste.

Okay, 1900 GG league list for tonight. Yikes, I'm running late...

SM (Black Templars)

HQ Chappy

HQ Master of the forge

Elites Assault centurions (3)

Troop Tactical Squad (10, flamer+MM)

-Rhino

Troop Tactical Squad (10, flamer+MM)

-Rhino

Heavy Devastators (5, 4 lascannons)

Heavy Vindicator

Heavy SR

Fort Pipes

Allied GK

HQ Stern

Troops Terminators (5, hammer, 2 swords, 2 paired falchions, incinerator)

-Land Raider

1898pts

Wow. Disaster of a game. Forgot the GK terms, stern, one lascannon devastator and the centurions at home. Opponent was kind enough to shave ~600pts to even the score, but the units I left behind were the same units that would have done really well in this game.

Anyway, we did hammer and anvil, with Kill points and maelstrom objectives. Opponent, Jeff, had a white scars bike army. I lost 4 to 24, but did not get wiped.

Aside from many list related issues, the marines kept failing their saves far more often than statistics should imply.

For highlights, Master of the Forge became warlord when it turned out that opponent's [1300pt] list lacked ap2 melee weapons. His plasma cutter over heated, over heated again with the twin linked rule, then he failed his artificer armor save. Yeah, three 1s in a row. He, later, lost his second/last wound in a challenge without getting to swing (failed his armor save).

One of the Tactical squad sergeants managed to kill off one of the biker sarges in a challenge, so after that, opponent refused every challenge.

Opponent failed SIX tank shock induced morale checks. That one was pretty fun, as I don't normally even remember to tank shock.

I did have a lot of fun. Today, I was in the perfect mood for a terrible game.

Alright, so I've got another 1900pt game at GG on wednesday, then the 1850 highlander game at ordo on the saturday after. The Highlander one allows FW, so I need to keep all that in mind. I'll be sticking to Black Templar Chapter tactics at GG, so I can practice the crusader rule, which the Minotaurs also have in their chapter tactics.

I am debating Stern and that SS unit combo. I have grown to very much like Stern. The 2++ is certainly respectable for the unit, but I think the combo is altogether too expensive in many respects, including Stern's inability to damage vehicles. I think I could justify it if stern were the warlord, but I can't while he remains in an allied detachment. Likewise, I think TH/SS terminators should replace that command squad.

In general, I think the army has too many deathstars to function. I think the assault centurions and the 2++ command squad concept are mutually exclusive. The GK terminators don't really add enough, by themselves, though the objective secure dedicated Land Raider is pretty neat. Making that land raider a Redeemer is also a wise choice.

I think I need to make the GK into a CAD, so Stern can be warlord and GK troops remain scoring. To do this, I think I need to buy a strike squad, as I don't think I own any at present. That unit would make sense with a Psycannon.

I did like that bolster defenses, even if the master of the forge failed. I think I'll have to start fielding my thunderfire.

Hmm...might be trying to get the army to do too many things...

One thing is clear, the Minotaurs and the Minotaurs using black templar chapter tactics, require different HQs. Might even go so far as to have the Minotaurs be the allied detachment when templars chapter tactics are being used. Hmm..

Okay, 1900pt list for GG play, though highlander legal:

GK CAD

HQ Stern

Troops Strike Squad (5, Psycannon)

-Dedicated Razorback (Las/Plas)

Troops Terminators (5, 3 swords+SB, 1 sword+incinerator, Justicar with falchions+SB+MB)

-Dedicated LR Redeemer (MM)

Allied Minotaurs (Black Templars Chapter Tactics)

HQ Chaplain (Teeth of Terra, Jump pack)

Elites Assault Terminators (5, 5 TH+SS)

Troops Scouts (10, 5 snipers, 4 CCW+BP, Vet with Power Sword+Plasma Pistol)

-Dedicated Land Raider Storm (Heavy Flamer)

Troops Tactical Squad (10, Lascannon, Flamer, Vet with fist+bolter)

-Dedicated Rhino

Fast Attack Land Speeder (1, 2x MM)

Heavy Storm Raven (Las+MM)

Total 1899.

Not sure I like it, but it sure has lots of objective secured.

Chappy is sort of a loner, though he might DS with strike squad. Wasn't really sure what to do with that HQ slot. Sucks that BT can't take a 65pt hq like every other chapter. Scout unit is designed to split into two units, a sniper team and a melee unit within the Storm, which is why the weapon choices seem so oddly mixed.

Sorry that you have to pay extra points for AWESOME!!

Oh, I agree that they are awesome.

I do think the BT could use a 65-ish pt HQ option to replace the lost Librarian. Nice to have cheap HQ access for some lists.

Ugh...okay, looks like the SR won't be ready for that TO, nor will the LS storm. Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer also won't be ready - I want it to look right prior to complete assembly and it just isn't there yet

Been working near-nonstop. I think I've stripped like 50+ models in the last week, many of them multiple times (thick paint). By the way, thanks chappy, that "easy off" over cleaner works like a charm for stripping models. Painting wise, models are decent, though nothing is ready to be sealed.

So, no flyer means I need alternate AA. On that end, I'm bringing a Helios Land Raider with Hyperios upgrade. Spendy sucker, but I think I need him.

Other thing I'm looking into is finding my old rapier bits and the unused tracks to my Taurox so I can make a rapier team (3 crews). Seems like a nifty unit, especially when highlander rules prevent doubling up on devastator squads.

Man, changing paint themes/repainting a chapter is really tough. I keep trying to decide which models should be re-painted and which ones I just need to ditch/trade off. Those great conversions I did on some of the models, are really biting me too.

As for the army itself, I think my biggest issue is that I need to find some reliable anti-cover weapons. The issue is that most of the weapons deny armor OR cover, and don't present a consistent solution to both. The Redeemer is pretty solid on that end, and I do think I should purchase a second one. That said, it has really lacking range.

Anyway, for the list, last game I finally ran an objective secured land raider. It was pretty nice. Definitely need to try it again, though a redeemer this time. Problem is that as a dedicated Land Raider, I can't start my Stern+Assault Terminators inside. So, either they teleport in, or I need a second redeemer (a non-objective secured one...).

Oh, there's a new fun idea. I could take a LR crusader, which holds 16. Then I could put an entire Rapier team inside. Each rapier gun and 2 crew are considered 1 extremely bulky model according to IA2 (2nd ed). That means that 3 guns and a single PA IC could be embarked. Can't exactly shoot out of it, but I really like the idea of being able to mount up the entire army in my land raiders. Really wish there was a Dreadnought transporting variant of the LR....

Speaking of Dreadnoughts, was looking through IA2 for ideas on this highlander thing. Mortis Dreadnought is a must, but it also wouldn't be a horrible idea to include some of the other SM walker variants.