WHF Cheese Grater! Dice Age Games 1/31/2015

lustriangod2

Lustrian God, are you the TO or is here someone else running the event making the rulings decision and you're posting on their behalf?

I ask because if you are the TO, and are playing in the event, I don't think this ruling is OK. You're talking about a ruling that has a huge power level effect on an army and is, as you say, up for debate.

If you are making the rules decisions, I feel like if there is a ruling that directly benefits the army you know you are playing and the ruling is controversial, it would be appropriate to rule that you do not gain the all the other spells.

If you're not the TO and just posting on their behalf, than never mind!

*Note that it would be a non-issue if you used normal magic rules where a FAQ already exists. =P

• Like 1

So by swapping a spell, do you lose one? Isnt that a swap? Therefore you'd lose a lore if you only had one spell from it that you were swapping for another? 

Even though this is just a "fun" tourney, I tend to agree with Romes on rulings. If there isnt a FAQ or an official ruling, I'd steer clear of it. 

The Lore of High magic Lore Attribute swaps out high magic spells specifically, and you take High Magic. So the way this is interpreted, as a lvl 4, you then have 3 high magic spells (which means you have access to all high), and one death (so access to all death), next turn turn you drop another high and have access to all high, all death, and all metal, including meteoric iron.

If you read it as "All spells in the Lore that they know" meaning the lore that they started the game with, and the additional spells as one off spells rather than access to a lore, than it just wouldn't do anything.

I have no idea which is right, it could work that way. My concern is about the circumstance.

4 by swapping out 3. Unless you say "well, I know all the spells in high magic, because I have high magic, so I can drop those." In that case there is no limit.

If you say that the rule that gives you all spells in a lore you know affects you at any point, rather than at the beginning of the game, you could do it an infinite amount of times. You say, I cast soulquench, end of turn, I switch it out for spirit leech. Next turn, I know high and death magic. Because I know high magic, even though I lost soul quench, I now have it, because you know all spells in lores you have access to, and we're applying this rule as a constant rather than a one time "the lore you picked when you built the list" thing. I cast soul quench. 

So who knows. 

End times rules!

Don't get me wrong - I'm really enjoying the new models and options end times brings in, but like most stuff that seems not play tested there is some hit and miss-this is not exactly a polished ruleset.

Roy is the TO, I am just assisting him on getting the event going, nothing benefits me here.He will be running this event, since it's his shop and his discretion on rules. I am only bringing you potential speed bumps in this tournament regarding End of Times. You see, everyone is talking up how dirty the High Elves and DE are. But everyone forgets that the slann has a very dirty trick up his sleeve. Which everyone that I have asked see's it the same. You cast a successful spell out of high magic, you exchange it with a a common lore spell. But since you know a single spell from the lore, you know the entire lore. Thus never really forgetting the spell you exchanged, because you still have spells in the high magic lore. Then the next I cast a spell from high, I can drop it, pick another lore and then I will get that entire lore. Then still I know the spell I exchanged.

By the way. High elves have the same trick.

Yes, but I don't get the important walk between world's spell which helps my monster last survive into combat. You see. I can swap out a spell, but I truly never lose that spell and only gain a new lore by swapping. I may not need the whole book. I may just be a lore dependent based on my enemy, but I feel I need high magic

How does it help you survive in combat?