SM stalker question

Just checking, does the Servo Tracking override the skyfire BS1 for shooting at ground targets? Normally I wouldn't ask, but the wording is a strong, "All shots using the Servo-tracking special rule are made at BS2." You'd think they'd address this, given that skyfire the only other special rule in the weapon profile...

Nevermind, this one is covered. BRB says you can't modify a snap shot unless rule specifically modifies snap shots.

Though, I have to ask, Culexus Assassin says shots fired her/his way are BS1, but are not snaps. How does one handle multiple fixed characteristic values? I'd roll off in-game, but is there some official answer?

In the Culexus's case I think it's a lot less clear. On .17, under Sequencing, it says that when two or more events are supposed to happen at the same time the player whose turn it is chooses what order they happen in; a similar, but more general, rule existed during 6E I believe. You could make an argument that rule is applicable to things, but it feels rather dicey to me.

My assumption about the intention of the two rules would be that the Stalker would still fire at BS1 against the Culexus; however, that's entirely interpretive and doesn't really have much rules support outside of other examples of similar-ish abilities (Power of the Machine Spirit, Signum, etc) that have typically been ruled to not work in various cases.

My assumption about the intention of the two rules would be that the Stalker would still fire at BS1 against the Culexus; however, that's entirely interpretive and doesn't really have much rules support outside of other examples of similar-ish abilities (Power of the Machine Spirit, Signum, etc) that have typically been ruled to not work in various cases.

Well, stalker certainly would, because it would be snapping at ground due to skyfire.

Machine spirit has changed, and now just fires at the BS of the model with rule, so if reduced to BS 1, the extra shot is also BS1, it also lacks wording to deny the limitations on the snap effect. This is especially annoying for the LR Redeemer, which took a heavy hit as machine spirit changed to make their flamestorm cannons less useful (used to be able to at least fire 1 while shaken or stunned with machine spirit, nothing anymore).

Signum, on the other hand, does grant a fixed BS5. This one could create issue, though the rules for those assassins could easily be the ones at fault...