Shield Your Baals!

WestRider

Deathstorm is here. And it is, as expected, kind of meh. I'd been going back and forth on picking it up, but honestly, unless the SC Rules are great, all I'd really want is the Death Company, and that just to break up for bitz.

On the other hand, 50mm round bases are also up for pre-order, so it looks like it's time to start rebasing my Hive/Tyrant Guard. They've got 170mm ovals, too which I think are the Knight base. Tempted to grab one of those and another T-Fex kit and make myself a Nid Knight Counts As.

• Like 2

I have to say, I'm kind of annoyed that BA get Grav Weapons, while DA, who are supposed to have more rare and archaic tech than just about any other Chapter, don't.

It is pretty cool and appropriate that BA get Heavy Flamers in their Tac Squads, tho.

Weren't DA also the "First codex" for 7th edition? Being the first new edition marine codex has never worked out in the long run for said marines which may be why it's missing in the first place.

I have to say, I'm kind of annoyed that BA get Grav Weapons, while DA, who are supposed to have more rare and archaic tech than just about any other Chapter, don't.

It is pretty cool and appropriate that BA get Heavy Flamers in their Tac Squads, tho.

Grav weapons are in the BRB and in the same tactical squad box that most chapters use. Expect the next DA codex to include them. SW and GK have their alternates.

@Pax: Heavy Flamer is 10 Points everywhere else. I'd expect it to be the same here.

I meant in regards to the model kit....That you'd lose the plastic missile launcher for the plastic heavy flamer.

Mildly annoyed that BA tacticals will have heavy flamer as an option.  Been wanting that for Salamanders for years.  The Black Library books feature tacticals toting heavy flamers.  Not sure how canonical it is for BA and dunno if any BA players will appreciate it like a Salamander player would.

Not a huge deal mind you, just like the idea of going with a heavy weapon that isn't a multi-melta from time to time.

• Like 1

He means that they'd take the Heavy Weapon "slot" in the Tactical Squad, instead of a Missile Launcher or something. Basically the same miscommunication as I made on the last page ;)

Man...just terrible miscommunication on this thread. I was just teasing here. He was talking about heavy weapons....

On a side note, a modified heavy flamer which was heavy 1 torrent would be a perfect addition to SM devastator squads. 15-20pts each, perhaps.