Shield Your Baals!

WestRider

Quickening is just a chump-change version of Warp Speed now. I mean, yeah, you can cast it on a different character, but most of the people you'd want to be using it on (like, say, Mephiston) are already psykers anyways.

Magna-Grapple went from being a cool and unique piece of wargear to fairly garbage. Oooh, two USRs with limitations, I'm so impressed! Even if they cost it appropriately, it's really bland.

Ditto on the Talons. Okay, they're really big Lightning Claws, good for them. That really doesn't make them much different from a regular Dreadnought CCW in any meaningful way.

Depending on the stat line of the new BA libs (I want too see the relics) having a primaris that is assault oriented could make for a light infantry murder machine. With any bonuses to str and on a jump pack or bike platform he or the model he buffs should be fun.

High hopes for the sons of Baal.

Argh, yeah, you're right. Stupid fuzzy text. I misread is as it could target any friendly Model. Characters only cuts way down on the usefulness.

Might actually be most useful for buffing Sarges, in that case. They have relatively few base Attacks, so any increase there is proportionately more valuable. Hammernator Sgt doesn't benefit from the Init, but the extra Attacks ain't bad, and it might make it worth putting something on an Assault Squad Sgt.

Good point. Probably not worth planning around that. Probably is worth keeping in mind just in case you end up in a situation where it's optimal, like a cut-down Hammernator Squad vs. a Soul Grinder or a Sgt who's the last survivor of his Squad and can thus benefit from Fleet or something.

I was also thinking maybe if you've got a Sgt who's likely going to be stuck in a Challenge against a superior opponent it could be handy there as well. Extra Init on a Power Sword or Lightning Claw is nice.