Shield Your Baals!

WestRider

They are just too spendy most of the time.  15 pts for something that works about as well as a plasma pistol vs most things, but significantly worse against vehicles.  No one was really taking plasma pistols anyway, so they just didn't get much play.  Hand flamers on the other hand, depending on pts, could be a great sarge weapon.  

They are just too spendy most of the time.  15 pts for something that works about as well as a plasma pistol vs most things, but significantly worse against vehicles.  No one was really taking plasma pistols anyway, so they just didn't get much play.  Hand flamers on the other hand, depending on pts, could be a great sarge weapon.  

There are some circumstantial applications for the pistols.

Perfect example is scouts, which can't take special weapons. It can be worthwhile to equip a combi-melta or plasma pistol. In this case, debate alternates between 1 use and "unlimited use" regarding how long you think the squad will last and if you want that extra swing.

Devastator sergeants with plasma pistols and imperial fist chapter tactics are amazing. Salamanders chapter tactics really make plasma pistols reliable for character models.

As for grav pistols, it is very circumstantial. Basically, do you think the pistols will kill your enemy, or do you think you'll need to charge after? The combi-grav is better if you don't think it will survive the initial shooting.

I will note there is a good synergy between grav pistols and melta bombs (or other melee AT). Immobilized vehicles are WS0, so auto hit in assault, which helps with melee AT in this edition (well, depends on the vehicle, sometimes you only need one pen). This carries over to melee against MCs, as the grav pistols wound a few times and the melta bombs work for in melee (unwieldy, but fixed S8 ap1).

Also remember that paired pistols get each shot in this edition. Very expensive, but can have merit.

So he's a Captain with Terminator Armor, a MC Thunder Hammer, and Counter-Attack/Furious Charge (plus a fixed warlord trait)? Eh. For 160pts, you can get better reserve manipulation than that- I mean, hell, Tiggy is only 175. It doesn't help that his base unit (the Captain) is pretty dang unimpressive to start with, since it has nothing at all of note to recommend it.

Maybe, MAYBE if BA end up being a reserve-heavy army with no other way to buff their reserves and you don't want to bring in Tiggy or some other character, but that seems like a bit of a long stretch.

So he's a Captain with Terminator Armor, a MC Thunder Hammer, and Counter-Attack/Furious Charge (plus a fixed warlord trait)? Eh. For 160pts, you can get better reserve manipulation than that- I mean, hell, Tiggy is only 175. It doesn't help that his base unit (the Captain) is pretty dang unimpressive to start with, since it has nothing at all of note to recommend it.

Maybe, MAYBE if BA end up being a reserve-heavy army with no other way to buff their reserves and you don't want to bring in Tiggy or some other character, but that seems like a bit of a long stretch.

Tiggy can't do anything for BA reserves. :P

Gift of Prescience: If your army contains Tigurius, you can
choose to re-roll any Reserve Rolls that apply to units from
the same detachment- even successful ones.

Same detachment...

Looking forward to some closer shots now! my appetite was already whet but now i'm salivating!

They are in the free painting guide preview, if you have access to an iOS device, check it out, really worth it

Automatically Appended Next Post:

Ok the next batch, now from Waaaghgaming.de who has it from the painting guide

http://waaaghgaming.de/neue-blood-angels-terminatoren-und-ein-neuer-scriptor-gesichtet/

games_workshop_warhammer_40k_blood_angel

This looks to be a mix of old and new kit:

So the Librarian is 65pts now and Assault Squad Terminators are still 200pts with each additional at 40pts per.

There's some spanish pictures of the codex floating around but no wargear options and I can't post the pics because computers is hard...

http://dedard.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/blood-angels-compiled-mega-post.html

Better pictures maybe:

http://imgur.com/a/Z2FMg

• Like 1

On Warseer Iuchiban with the codex is posting the new rules. 

I compiled them and edited some spelling mistakes

Iuchiban

Hi guys, I got already my copy of the new codex! Feel free to ask me any questions!!

There has been a rumour of Death Company having access to Terminator armour.
Can you confirm or deny?

No terminator armour for DC. But there are good news, Jump packs are now only +3 points. On the other hand their WS has been downgraded to 4.

What are the troop choices ?

Only troop choices are Tactical squads and scouts.

New units, centurions, storm talons etc?

No new units. No Centurions and no talons.

Dantes Axe is +2S, AP2, mastercraft and NOT unwieldy. BTW he is now eternal warrior

Chalice gives +1WS

Some changes are:

- Death Company is now elite as DC dreadnought

- Predator Baal is Heavy Support

- Librarian Dreadnought is HQ

- Mephiston is HQ and IC

- All units have now Furious Charge

No squadrons for Dreads. "Standard" dreads are now Elite, Furiosos and DC dreads too. Librarian dreads are HQ.

1. Vanguard Veterans cannot charge after DS
2. Only rule is combat squads
3. As I see in the pictures of the codex there is nothing coming after the terminator kit. Librarian is separate.

Warlord traits are:

1. Warlod gets Rampage
2. Warlord gets +1 I
3. One warlord's weapong gets mastercrafted
4. Warlord gets Adamantium will
5. Warlord gets Descent of the Angles (Dante's trait)
6. 12" fearless bubble

What options do tactical squads have? As usual, or only the options that come in the new tactical squad kit (e.g. only heavy flamer or heavy bolter for heavy weapons)?

As usual + new options. They can get anti-air missiles BTW. And no more LR as dedicated transports for everybody, just for termies.

There is more to come

Hoooo boy. I'm not one to be negative usually, but unless he's missing something BA are not going to be happy.