Waiting on 9th

Anyone else find themselves not wanting to buy new models with 9th ed coming?

It's not that I don't want more models it's just that I am not sure what 9th is going to look like game wise and I'd hate to buy something just to see I don't need it.

Like my Orc Mob, I'd hate to get more for a Horde just to find out the game will be played on a smaller scale. I do think I will still get the Wyvern just because I love the newest model, after I convert the rider.

Anyone else feel like this, on Black Friday of all days?

Honestly, other than... jezzails, I have never regretted a purchase. The models themselves don't depreciate, even if their rules do. And the rules change every few years, so there's a chance that model might come back in favor.

In your case, a horde of orc boys will never go to waste. Orcs will always be useful. They might go out of favor for an edition, but they'll come back in another.

• Like 1

Any Lord/Hero should still be viable as it looks like the 50% thing Is here to stay...actually I think its one of the things we are "Open Beta" testing now,hehe.

Well..it better cuz I just picked up a Vamp mounted on a Bone Dragon!

But yeah im really interested to see what the new starter brings,,hoping for Empire vs whatever:)

I have almost always found a way to make my old models "work" in a new edition, even though often times a fancy new unit will be added to my army.  I rarely find myself ditching old models that I painted.

Plus, when there's something you want to do - whether it's buying and painting a hero on a dragon, or asking someone out on a date - trying to hold off for fear of an unwanted outcome is a bad practice, in terms of general happiness in life :)

• Like 1

I am not buying anything new for a long long time... I already have way too much that I still need to build/paint/play.

I know the feeling. No new Elves or Empire for now. My Orc's are also pretty good but it is an Orc army so it never seems enough when I start building lists.

I will get more Boy'z come to think of it, they are useful and not expensive. The Wyvern is expensive but it is Awesome and I am thinking of it as a Birthday present to me.

But still with 9th coming most likely in May with a box set in June I am getting itchy but don't want to scratch.

The toughest thing for me to do was to figure out how to run my Chaos army when the books split. Ended up using Beasts of Nurgle as Trolls, Plaguebearers as Chosen, and using Beastmen mixed in with my Marauders. Had to drop my furies entirely.

However, it appears the End Times has fixed all that, so what goes around, comes around.

Where does one go to find out where along the road we are towards 9th?

I abandoned 8th early and pretty much never looked back.  Yet I have four armies of appreciable size.  Whats the timeline for it?  Are we talking another year maybe?

The most solid rumor mongers have it set for May with a boxset in June. If things don't get delayed.