32mm Base The New Standard

Cortland

Been following this a little here and there and all I have to say is "page 9 says it all." Use the base that comes with your model. And showing up with a non-BA army on 32mm is like showing up with all your scouts in the crouched position to block LOS more. You may get a conversation from your TO for stretching the rules interpretation.

Just follow the rules till there is an official change to the rules.

Considering people are still posting about the wrong thing, I think this may be too much to ask.

Fwiw, I think GW will provide zero guidance and just provide bases as they see fit.

Not sure if I've been wrong about the OP, I'm usually responding to things said the thread. Like this one...

Tac Squad:

"This multi-part plastic kit contains 165 components with which to make a 10-man Blood Angels Tactical Squad. Also includes 10 x 32mm round bases."

DC: 

"This 94-piece kit contains five multi-part plastic Blood Angels Death Company miniatures. It includes 5 backpacks, 5 jump packs, 20 shoulder pads and 8 heads. Also included are a range of bolters, bolt pistols and chainswords, a host of other weapon options and 5 x 32mm round bases."

SG:

"This 95-piece kit makes 5 multi-part plastic Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard. It includes 15 different heads (five with helmets, five bare heads and five Death Masks), 15 elaborate shoulder pads, 5 Glaives Encarmine, 6 Angelus boltguns, an inferno pistol, a plasma pistol, five variations of legs and five different torsos. Also included are a banner with sculpted detailing and a range of pouches and Blood Angels accessories that allow you to further customise your unit. Models supplied with 5 x 32mm round bases."

Sang Priest:

"This 11-piece plastic kit makes a Blood Angels Sanguinary Priest armed with a double-edged chainsword. He holds aloft a blood chalice and is equipped with a narthecium, the instrument of all Space Marine Apothecaries. It also includes a scenic 32mm round base."
  • Like 1

So, question, if the bases get bigger, will the blast templates get bigger? Obviously not right away, but GW making us buy all new blast templates doesn't seem too unrealistic.

Personally, I really like the fortifications and It would really suck if less models could fit on them because GW decided they needed bigger bases.

So should I order 25mm bases or 32mm for my Sisters? They're in power armor but they're unaltered humans...

I would stick to the page 9 rule and go with 25mm. I doubt they will be changing all infantry to 32mm. If anything they maybe considering switch Marines to 32mm to represent their larger size but even then no one will be required to switch over their old models. And if you do mount them on 32mm and the standard is 25mm still and these were just a test unit that didn't work out then you will have to switch them back becuase they were never released with 32mm and therefore on the wrong size bases.

Where are you getting this? I think it supports modeling your guys on the bases they came with so as to avoid controversy.

Centurions on 50mm. Terminators on 40mm and 25mm. PA marines on 40mm, 25mm and 32mm bases. Then we've got those wierd ovals for flyers and non-flyers. Skimmers include no-base, a small skimmer base, or a large skimmer base, depending on the kit, with little regard for model size. Then those knights got even snazzier new oval bases. Dreadnoughts come on both 40mm squares and 60mm rounds.

Ah, GW has started adding FW models to the non-FW game (escalation), though none of the bigger FW sets even include bases...

Just do whatever, GW is clearly doing the same thing...