Hoo boy. Here we go. Competition and OFCC

pretre

Where is the Revenant ok for regular 40k games?  lol… it is "broken" because its not intended for "normal" games of 40k-.  Further - of course apoc isn't intended for "competitive play"… lol  

That "escalation book" copied and pasted the revenant titan from the 40k apoc book. The main issue is that stupid 36" move, as there really is no reasonable counter to that at anything less than 4k.

Like rating that snotling army a 0?

:tongue:

Just kidding, but seriously, complaints about ratings are as old as OFCC...

LOL!  That before I joined the team.

That true. The nice thing at that point though was people we're mad about being a 5 or 5.5 instead of a 4.5 or some such. There were complaints, but it was more nit picking then downright rage.

Though I also think list rating was far easier when team's were open concepts rather then a set number per group.

• Like 1

There were complaints, but it was more nit picking then downright rage.

In that particular instance which involved NitNit's Snotling army, a different member of the forums was absolutely LIVID about it.  I remember that sprawling thread like it was yesterday.  Such vitriol.  

In that particular instance which involved NitNit's Snotling army, a different member of the forums was absolutely LIVID about it.  I remember that sprawling thread like it was yesterday.  Such vitriol.  

Admittedly, I was thinking after that occurance when it was the insanity crew (in no particular order of Jim, Dan, Mark, Micah, Nathan, myself, Brekh, Dave, Deke, and so on, roating in and out).

There ain't no vitrol like a OFCC army rating thread

Hey!

Ho!

• Like 1

Admittedly, I was thinking after that occurance when it was the insanity crew (in no particular order of Jim, Dan, Mark, Micah, Nathan, myself, Brekh, Dave, Deke, and so on, roating in and out).

I miss Fantasy sometimes...  It was great seeing a bunch of those folks at the combo-OFCC this year.  Now that I'm exclusive with 40k, I never get to see those guys anymore...  :(  

• Like 1

I can name three on this forum right now who would gladly fight to the death for the right of Escalation units to be played in 40K games "because its approved".

And as soon as you say "Yeah but its broken, but other things aren't" you fall off the cliff of that slippery slope and die, losing instantly.  How CAN you claim the "approved" issue as an argument AT ALL unless you allow it for the guy who wants to play his Revenant?  You can't in fairness.  It just becomes your opinion against his and the issue of "approved" vaporizes in a puff of apparently mutually agreed irrelevance.

I can name three on this forum right now who would gladly fight to the death for the right of Escalation units to be played in 40K games "because its approved".

And as soon as you say "Yeah but its broken, but other things aren't" you fall off the cliff of that slippery slope and die, losing instantly. How CAN you claim the "approved" issue as an argument AT ALL unless you allow it for the guy who wants to play his Revenant? You can't in fairness. It just becomes your opinion against his and the issue of "approved" vaporizes in a puff of apparently mutually agreed irrelevance.

Lol

I am late to this conversation, but I am going to don my French Douchbag hat for a second and then don my sweet sexy French Diplomat hat if you can make it past the douchery first.

40k is UNBALANCED, Period. We play 40k because we enjoy & love 40k. We are lover of the game and we want to make that game all it can be. We decide we can change it. Derives the need and desire to make 40k better, faster, stronger. We want to make 40k+ (Trademark by yours truly). But 40k is the neglecting, violent, domestic abuser, drunk, rapist loverOur friends tell us we cant change who it is truly but we got stuck in our head somewhere that we can.

Everyone who thinks 40k can be fixed is fooling themselves. The game is not designed or written or promised to be balanced but it is designed, written and promises to be fun, enjoyable and captivating. Thats assuming that your basing your opinion on a wide range of games and not on the person you are playing. I had terrible games and they were purely by fault of my opponent being an a$$hat or cheater.

Trying to box 40k into a format of your definition is basically committing racism, or profiling, or prejudice if we were speaking about people.

I bring tough lists, I play tough games but I am rowdy and enjoy the instant camaraderie of [big bad swear word]ty luck and ridiculous odds and as far as I can tell almost all of my opponents do as well. Except for the few guys which want to box you into their understanding of the game and really only are playing the game by themselves and you just happen to be there ruining their experience as their opponent, it just so happens that it takes two to tango as a core mechanic. 

Oh, I was lying about the sweet sexy part. You have to buy me dinner first. I am a class act, if nothing else.

• Like 6

No. Hypocricy is the worst thing ever. If you want to make it an opinion issue (which is really what it is), then there's no problem. If you want to make it an "approved vs. Not approved" issue, you've lost.

I'm confused. I thought if I made it an opinion issue I lost and fell off a cliff?