March 21 - Ordo Annihilation

AgentP

So to verify, provided I include one of every troop type, I can still field multiples of a troop type? So, as long as my SM take a scout squad, they can have as many tactical squads as I want?

Some of us Corvallians might make it up- where exactly is "WOW", though? A casual look around didn't reveal any obvious answers.

http://www.ordofanaticus.com/index.php?/topic/100-what-is-wow/

It is directly across the street from the White Owl Social Club if that helps. We would be happy to see you guys there. We did some work on the club so now have more tables available to play on.

Yes to vehicle squadrons.

Awesome to the curry!  I know Joel is roasting an insane amount of pulled pork, so hopefully someone will bring some buns.  I myself am bringing ice, salt, cups, some fresh lime juice, some simple syrup....and.....yes, I admit it, there will be a margarita station.

Your Annihilation Missions:

Each mission is a modification of a standard Maelstrom mission.  Each is modified in the following way:

Card Draw

When you draw a card, if it is impossible to achieve with your army, or because of your opponent’s army, you may immediately discard it and draw another. 

Cards that award d3 victory points award 2.

Twist of Fate Tokens

In each game, a player gets two Twist of Fate Tokens.  These can be spent these to re-roll a single dice.  So you could re-roll a scatter dice, an armor save, warlord trait, a to hit roll, a reserves roll, one psychic dice, etc.   You may only re-roll a single dice.   You may also spend a token to discard a maelstrom card and immediately draw a new card.

Maelstrom Victory Points

You score tactical objective points as normal, ie at the end of each player turn.  At the end of each GAME TURN you total who got the most points for that turn.  You only count points achieved that game turn, you do not carry over from previous game turns.   (So unlike typical Maelstrom games, you don’t keep a running tally for the entire game).  Whoever achieved the most victory points “won” that turn.  In the case of a tie, both players are credited with a “win” for the game turn.

The first player to “win” four game turns wins the primary objective.  The game ends when a player wins four turns, whether that is at the end of turn 4, or turn 7 (the maximum the game could go).  Think of it like a tennis match, and each game turn is a set, and when you win enough sets you win the match.  

Winning the primary objective is worth 5 battle points.  In addition, you get one battle point for each of the following:

·      Slay the Warlord (per rulebook)

·      Linebreaker (per rulebook)

·      First Blood (per rulebook)

·      Twist of Fate:  Each Twist of Fate token used by your opponent (max 2) and unused by you (max 2) is worth 1 battle point.

For a maximum possible 10 battle points each round.

ROUND ONE

Maelstrom Mission #1: Cleanse and Control

Dawn of War Deployment

Roll for Night Fighting

No mysterious objectives

ROUND TWO

Maelstrom of War #3 Tactical Escalation

Hammer and Anvil Deployment

Roll for Night Fighting

No mysterious objectives

ROUND THREE

Maelstrom Mission #6: Deadlock

Vanguard Deployment

Roll for Night Fighting

No mysterious objectives

• Like 1

Hate to do this, but I won't be attending tomorrow.

I've got any number of minor excuses, but the bottom line is that my army is just not ready for this event and won't in time.

I do feel bad saying I would do something that I'm not going to be able to do. Sorry.