Mad Max: Fury Road 2nd trailer

Frostitute

1:46 bottom left truck

The truck with a dude playing guitar on a stage full of speakers. Nuff said.

Always loved this stuff about Mad Max...  We're out of oil/gasoline...  What makes sense?  Let's build huge monstrous vehicles with all sorts of metal spikes because those have got to be lighter and more fuel efficient!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the films and the idea behind the universe...  I just stop and laugh at the absurdity of it all once in a while too.

I guess it's hard to make something like

1365540166-0.jpg

look suitably "deathy".

• Like 1

Always loved this stuff about Mad Max...  We're out of oil/gasoline...  What makes sense?  Let's build huge monstrous vehicles with all sorts of metal spikes because those have got to be lighter and more fuel efficient!

Well most of the vehicles are modified from existing vehicles that they could get running. It's not like they can pop down to the dealership and buy a hybrid. (plus all the people who had hybrids died horribly early on cause they could not outrun the gas engine driving raiders).

Meh.  Hybrids are 10% of the vehicles on the road right now (statistic includes biodiesel vehicles).  I figure I'll be able to outrun every raider pushing his car because gas is not available.

I mean...  As I recall, Bartertown could have owned the wasteland if they'd bothered to run a handful of plug-in hybrids off that methane generator.

Not that this kind of calculation contributes at all to the storyline.  It just happens to be a happy blindspot of the genre which ranks right up there with a flamethrowing guitar on a mobile stage.