Thunderwolves to LVO

von hammer

So I've been to a couple tourneys and LVO 2015 will be the biggest so far! I am loving the Space Wolves Codex and trying to bring a true Thunderdome. Here is what I'm thinking:

Wolf Lord: PF/SS, TWM, 2x Fenrisian Wolves

Wolf Lord: PF/SS, TWM, 1x Fenrisian Wolves

Iron Priest: TWM, 4x Cyberwolf

Iron Priest: TWM, 4x Cyberwolf

TWC: 6 man, 1 PF/SS, 5 CS/BP

TWC: 6 man, 1 PF/SS, 5 CS/BP

Fenrisian Wolves x5

Small, in your face army but could really punish most armies. It's all about how to play the army (which I'm still figuring out) but I think it would be amazing to show up to one of the biggest tourneys with this list. Give me your feedback, let me in on your thoughts against certain armies (flyer tactics would be nice), and thanks for looking!

• Like 1

Okay. I think you can really improve this a bit.

First off, you need some kick to your lords. I would suggest something like:

WL: TWM, Krakenbone/SS

WL: Morkai, Teeth, TWM

WL: Armour of Asvald, WCx2

WL: PF/SS, TWM

More spendy, but a lot more availability to do damage.

For your TWC, I would do 3 SS per 6 and get a PF on one. Then make sure that the champ has a WC/SS. So basically, SS/CCW, SS/PF, SS/WC, BP/CCW, BP/CCW, BP/CCW. 

Flyers are going to eat your lunch as are a lot of things. It's very one-dimensional, but quick to play and fun.

Yep lol!!! 4 wounds a piece, 6 attacks on the charge, and a good ol' 2+/3++ ;)

I really need to bring vindicators again, don't I? They weren't viable for a bit, but with things like this, they become very viable.

the vindicator will only net you a few hits on the squad. and any that land on the WL can be look out sir'd over to the Iron priest where they get to do their own invuln saves. I dont vindicators have a high enough rate of fire to do any meaningful damage to this kind of build.

Depending on placement and tactics, could get 1-2 shots per vindicator before you could assault them. Even if that translates to only 2 hits each shot, it does instant death those that fail their 3++ save, right? At 2-4 wounds each, does seem like a viable option with a 125pt tank. I kill two guys and my points are earned for the game...

Obviously, not the only thing I direct at them, but does seem like something I may want to include again. I stopped fielding them because flyers were very common at the start of 6th and I needed the points for AA. Doesn't seem to be the case, anymore.

EDIT: In alternative, could lower their toughness by 1 with rad grenades (DA Grenade launcher), then battle cannon them a few times. Still lacking in volume, but S8 is much easier to acquire than S10.

Most of the time I would have you deploy first and try for the initiative. But before my deployment I get a chance for outflank for each unit. Hopefully getting 2 units to deploy on your side. This army is a big what if which I like to play ;)

A chance to outflank? What is this rule?

The SW special Detachment that he's using to get so many HQs has a chance for every Unit to gain Outflank. It needs 6s unless the Unit is Troops and has an attached IC, in which case it's on 4+.

Overall, I like this. My Khorne list at OFCC was similar in some ways. Fast Assault Lists like this definitely have their weaknesses, but they play fast and they're a whole lot of fun.

• Like 1

It allows me to outflank on deployment. So my take is I can outflank deployment and them go though the normal movement/shooting/assault phases.

Wow, I need to see this rule. Does this mean that your deployment zone can be shared by the opponent?

Can I get a direct quote?