Thunderwolves to LVO

von hammer

Nope, it just gives the Outflank Rule. They still have to go in Reserves and arrive normally. That Detachment does also let you auto-pass one Reserves Roll per Turn, tho.

Also note that Wolves Unleashed doesn't provide ObSec.

Hmm...more reasonable. So wolves arrive on a flank turn 1, but they get shot as normal because they can't assault. They also can't tank shock, so you could just keep them off a table edge that was too problematic, especially with vanguard strike deployment.

Pg. 91 in SW Codex: "Before deployment, roll a d6 for each unit in this formation, adding +2 to the result if the units Battlefield Role is Troops and it has been joined by an independent character. On a 6+ the unit has the outflank special rule. In addition, one reserve auto passes it's roll on the second turn."

After having a buddy reread it he says I just get the rule for that unit. But since my wolves have to start on the table he is unsure if it goes towards deployment. Maybe I have been playing it wrong but it's made since to the people I've played :/

I guess they can walk on turn 1 but that means I don't have anything on the table turn 1 but a 5 man BC squad. But your right WR, they don't have to start on the board.

Where are you getting that walk on turn 1 effect?

How about something like this?

Harald with 2 Wolves - (AP2, High Strength)

Canis with 1 Wolf - (AP3, Volume)

Wolf Lord with Krakenbone, TWM and SS with 2 Wolves (AP2 at Initiative)

Iron Priest on TWM 

Iron Priest on TWM

3 TWC with WC/SS, SS/CCW, PF/CCW

3 TWC with WC/SS, SS/CCW, PF/CCW

Stormwolf with TL-MM and 5 BC, Flamer

Stormwolf with TL-MM and 5 GH, Wolf Standard

Gives each of your lords a role, two big units of TWC to hit things with and two flyers (one of which gives you a buff bubble)

Just trying to think of tactics...

So deploy 1 IP and 1 Wolf Lord with each TWC, put an extra WL in one for funsies. Charge forward. Turn 2, fly your planes in and make sure the GH one is within 6" of whatever you will assault (so one of your guys will be in the bubble). Profit.

With Canis, you get rerolls on the charge. Harald gives you FC. The Banner gives you +1 Attack. Nasty.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, I have almost everything done for this list to hit the tables. Fenrisian Wolves are painted and just need based, Canis just showed up at the house, and Harold should be done drying;) Such an aggressive presence on the board when you look at all the models. Really loving this armys feel. Thanks again for all the input!

• Like 3