1850 to 2000 Points BA / SoT "Terra Defense Insertion Force"

MikhailLenin

I am building a Drop Pod List using the new Blood Angel Codex with the Sentinels of Terra Supplement. I think its awesome I can do this list because I own a White Scar Army and now gives me another army that I can tie with for a complete thematic Siege of Terra Defense force during the Horus Heresy.

Primary Blood Angel - Combined Arms Detachment
Secondary Sentinels of Terra - Allied Force Detachment

CAD:

HQ - Sanguinary Priest - Bolt Pistol, CCW, "The Angel's Wing"
Elites - Sanguinary Guard Squad - 6x - 3 Encarmine Axe, 3 Encarmine Sword, 2 Inferno Pistol
Troops - Tactical Squad - 10x - Meltagun, Heavy Flamer, Combi-Melta, Drop Pod
Fast Attack - Assault Squad - 5x - 2 Meltaguns, Combi-Melta, Drop Pod
Fast Attack - Drop Pod
Lord of War - Commander Dante - Warlord

AFD:

HQ - Tactical Squad - 5x - Garadon (Powerfist, "The Spartean"), 1 Flamer, Drop Pod
Elites - Centurion Devastator Squad - 3x - 3 Grav-Cannon/Amp, 3 Hurrican Bolters, 1 Omniscope
Troops - Tactical Squad - 10x - Meltagun, Heavy Bolter, Combi-Melta, Drop Pod

Total - 1,849 Puntos

The Centurions will ride in the BA Fast Attack Drop Pod while Dante and the Priest will ride with the Sanguinary Guard Squad. They get to re-roll Reserve Dice (Angel Wings), Scatter only D6" (Warlord Trait), Reroll Scatter Dice (Angel Wing), Reroll Mishap (Angel Wing) and Interceptor Weapons can only Snap Shoot at them. Should be easy to get get 3 Inferno Pistol within range with all those rerolls.

Should be fun!

There is a Total of 7 Drop Pods, meaning that I can bring 4 on Turn 1 and pretty much guaranteed the Sanguinary Guard unit on Turn 2 onwards.

CAD:

HQ - Sanguinary Priest - Bolt Pistol, CCW, "The Angel's Wing"
Elites - Sanguinary Guard Squad - 8x - 4 Encarmine Axe, 4 Encarmine Sword, 2 Inferno Pistol
Fast Attack - Drop Pod
Lord of War - Commander Dante - Warlord

AFD:

HQ - Tactical Squad - 10x - Garadon (Powerfist, "The Spartean"), 1 Flamer, 1 Heavy Bolter Drop Pod
Elites - Centurion Devastator Squad - 3x - 3 Grav-Cannon/Amp, 3 Hurrican Bolters, 1 Omniscope
Troops - Tactical Squad - 10x - Meltagun, Heavy Bolter, Combi-Melta, Drop Pod

Total - 2,000 Puntos

• Like 2

Some scenarios award extra VPs for destroyed HS Units. I'm not aware of any that do that for Elites.

West Rider is correct, its to avoid giving away VPs.

While this is fun it can be quite challenging to do anything with late game. You should enjoy the challenge for a bit!

I can see that but should be fun with BAO Format.

Maybe a weird question. What does the army do if the opponent has melta immunity on their big tanks? You do have a lot of weapons to glance things to death...

Just looking at that LVO 2015 restrictions on units. Not only can I field 200pt FW land raiders, but for a meager 20pts, I can take melta immunity. Now, I'm not planning to attend, so me bringing such a list is a silly comment, still, aside from glancing things to death, list doesn't seem to have any solid AT options for AV14 and melta immunity.

As I see it, you only have the 1 power fist for melee AT, at that.

Anyway, just trying to give a constructive suggestion.

Oh, another suggestion, for 20pts, you can upgrade the Drop Pod with "Isstvan V Dropside Massacre" Battle Legacy, from IA:2 (2nd edition), which makes the pod never scatter. Battle Legacies are legal in the LVO 2015, just not the "battle of Keylek" one.