Looking for Player(s)

deadwing34

I am looking for someone that (hopefully) lives in my area (NE Portland), to get together 1 or 2 times a month to play WH40k. I am really looking for a home game (garagehammer) and not playing in a league at a game store. With work, kids and general life stuff it is hard to commit to the time slots of leagues and game stores. My most available times and days are after work around 6pm during the week and on Sundays. I have over 3000 points of Dark Angels including an Imperial Knight and a full tables worth of painted GW terrain. Playing at my house is not the best option because I don't really have the space to set up a standard 4' x 6' gaming table.

• Like 1

Bro! You need to come down to the clubhouse! 717 SE Main St. Portland, OR 97214. We are running an Escalation League starting in January but there is no requirement to play in it. Plenty of people just come down to play pickup games and BS. Go to the game night thread and look for WOW game nights. Tuesdays for 40k and Sundays for Fantasy.

We look forward to seeing you there.

• Like 1

I am looking for someone that (hopefully) lives in my area (NE Portland), to get together 1 or 2 times a month to play WH40k. I am really looking for a home game (garagehammer) and not playing in a league at a game store. With work, kids and general life stuff it is hard to commit to the time slots of leagues and game stores. My most available times and days are after work around 6pm during the week and on Sundays. I have over 3000 points of Dark Angels including an Imperial Knight and a full tables worth of painted GW terrain. Playing at my house is not the best option because I don't really have the space to set up a standard 4' x 6' gaming table.

The objection is to regular schedules for gaming? You don't have to play league (or other organized gaming) to play at a local store. Guardian games, in example, has no objections to players coming in any day of the week and reserving space to play. I regularly see players playing on saturday and sunday, despite no league or other store set game times.

The suggestions above appear like a league, but are often just a drop in gaming session with players on the forums. You can often arrange to meet players at other locations, like stores, without being part of a league.

Main factor, post a desire to play at a certain time in the 40k section or the Game Night section. People usually respond. If not this forum, the GG league has a facebook group which includes players that enjoy games outside of league play too. There are many other groups.

Pax, I think Deadwing is looking for more of a non-game store setting. (Garagehammer) The kind of gaming where you can chill out, snack, BS, laugh, and joke while not being surrounded by a store atmosphere. I understand your loyalty to your store, and your motivation to get more players there, but Guardian is a challenge. Most players, on Guardian's dedicated 40k night (Wednesday), play in their league. I have come in many times looking for a pickup game and have been unable to find one.

Deadwing, if you want large store with a bar style atmosphere, head to Guardian. You want clubhouse, beer and pretzel warhammer, come to the address listed above. We are happy to see you play wherever.

• Like 2

I was under the impression that the club house was only accessible on Tuesdays and Sundays?

My most available days and times are as such:

Sunday after 4pm (every other week all day on Sunday), Monday after 6pm, Wednesday after 6pm, I have some other open times during the week but these are my most available times

Yeah man. Tuesday is the preferred 40k night, but you can always PM or ask around if people are willing to play on Sunday nights. Rolling dice is always the end goal. PM or just ask in the 40k forum. Also just keep an eye out in the Game Night forum. You will occasionally see us rallying up for a Saturday game too.

A few questions about Ordo. Maybe I missed it somewhere but I did not see this stuff spelled out anywhere on the forums.

1. What are the play hours for Tuesday and Sundays.

2. Is there an expectation that you set up and tear down tables and terrain? Is all terrain and tables provided by Ordo?

3. After my first free session does it cost 5 each time I want to play?

4. Do you just show up and play or do you arrange points and who you are playing with beforehand?

Tuesdays are generally 5 - 10PMish...sometimes ppl show up earlier.  Sundays are roughly the same time I believe.

2. Is there an expectation that you set up and tear down tables and terrain? Is all terrain and tables provided by Ordo?

Tables are always setup, but terrain is on shelves.  Expectation is if you pulled terrain for your game just to put it back when you are done.  Yes, Lots of terrain and tables provided.

Yes, unless you become a champion, then the cost goes down to $2...for more info click here.  That is the 2014 link but I believe it will be the same for 2015.

4. Do you just show up and play or do you arrange points and who you are playing with beforehand?

It is definitely best to arrange games and points before showing up.  If you are looking for more pick up games, then I'd say Guardian Games is a better bet.

A few questions about Ordo. Maybe I missed it somewhere but I did not see this stuff spelled out anywhere on the forums.

• Like 1

1. They vary between game nights. Basically, one of the ordo members is dubbed "czar" who is in charge of "supervising" a given game night. Their willingness to open early or close late determines the hours. 5-10pm is pretty typical for that Tuesday group.

2. Tables are built. Terrain is provided, but not set up on the tables. You'd have to arrange it, then put it back where you found it.

3. Not playing at the game night is totally free. Your welcome to attend without playing and just find out if you enjoy the scene. As mentioned, first session (of playing) is free, while others cost based on ordo membership level.

4. Arranging games before hand is best. Just showing up often results in standing around, not playing for a night.

The unasked 5. The "clubhouse" is often cold in the winter and warm in the summer. Dress appropriately. It is not wheel chair accessible. There is a 7-eleven within a few blocks, and they totally have an ATM, if you find yourself without cash. The location is a bit beaten up, and the players will really make or break the enjoyment of the game night. I love the group and very much expect you to enjoy it, but I like knowing things like this ahead of time (I try to treat others as I want to be treated).

Ive been playing Fantasy lately during the Sunday slot and it seems that now with the Fall league ended there is usually a table in one of the rooms available but it would probably be best to post up in the thread in their forum room for the upcoming Sunday session( usually posted midweek or a few days before)and request if its ok to bring some 40k and if anyone wants to play that version.I know im looking at my 40k armies more now with the Winter league just around the corner so I would be up for a game if no one else is:)

Oh also check the Game Night forum room as sometimes the upcoming Sunday session is listed there instead of the Fantasy room.

Im a newer player to the game..well been playing a few years both fantasy and 40k but I rarely win(yeah im aging and rather dense)and pretty much just play for fun and to see the cool models people bring, so feel free to PM me or just post up in the game night threads and if I can make it that night I would love to take on your DA`s with my Orks as that's always a good match up!