End Times: Thanquol

Loving the new grey seer and warlord models. Less excited for the new rat ogres. A bit too expensive points wise for my taste. And those "howlizter" bits look a little too perfectly engineered for Skaven. They belong on a Dwarf Gyrocopter or an Empire Steamtank imo.

Clearly we have entered the age of high-skaven engineering.  God help us all!

• Like 2

Why would you think they would not be on square bases? Everything GW has put out for ET has been square. GW won't put out round bases until they release the new game with the new models.

Waitaminute, I just got through cutting all 160 of my Bretonnia Men at Arms and Bowmen off of their square bases, green-stuff/repainting their ruined feet, and gluing them to 25mm round Space Marine bases.  Are you trying to say I jumped the gun a little?!

• Like 4

Thanquol makes me hot and bothered.

Other than being a level 4 (expected) with 4+ ward (thank gawds) and nice profile, his best feature is how many friggin' warp tokens he starts with...D6+2 tokens!!!!  Damn that is going to cause some problems for an opponent during a magic phase, especially with no negative on using them.

@ Rudra - try them both/all - mix and matching the unit is where the strength truly is.  Get one tunneler with some shooters and fighters.  And let the pain train begin.

Waitaminute, I just got through cutting all 160 of my Bretonnia Men at Arms and Bowmen off of their square bases, green-stuff/repainting their ruined feet, and gluing them to 25mm round Space Marine bases.  Are you trying to say I jumped the gun a little?!

Excuse me, but that's obviously a lie because Space Marines some on 32mm bases.

Here's a question: at 2400 points, does this seem cheesy, or stupid?

Thanquol

Verminlord Deciver

Chieftain - BSB, Dragonhelm, Biting Blade, Shield

40 Clanrats - Shields, Full Command

40 Slaves - Spears, Musician

6 Gutter Runners - Poison, Slings

Warplightning Cannon

Warplightning Cannon

Doomwheel (VROOM)

• Like 1

Here's a question: at 2400 points, does this seem cheesy, or stupid?

Thanquol

Verminlord Deciver

Chieftain - BSB, Dragonhelm, Biting Blade, Shield

Warplightning Cannon

Warplightning Cannon

Doomwheel (VROOM)

I doubt that will be doable for the Black Sheep Brawl.  Unless you are playing with Thanquol from Skaven book and not Thanquol from the Thanquol book.  I haven't done the comp restrictions for him yet, but I would assume around a 160 comp score for the new Thanquol.  Don't know about the Verminlord yet.