Vassal Game Tonight

fluger

I will attest that when I have seen you employ this tactic, it has worked for you.  

I will also attest that the few times I have tried this tactic, I have failed.  

Also, you two should seriously get on Vassal and hash it out.  Words on forums don't carry as much weight as playing it out.  I played a Vassal game with AP before we'd met in real life and it was good, and we'd been fairly acrimonious over the intertubes prior to that.  I will also admit I thought LH was a pants on his head crazy until I saw it in person.  I still think it isn't an IDEAL way of playing, but it works fine.  

I will attest that when I have seen you employ this tactic, it has worked for you.  

I will also admit I thought LH was a pants on his head crazy until I saw it in person....

Yes you've mentioned the LEVEL of madness you suspected me of. 

Glad that I was able to at least dispel that perception with one of you.  Lol.  One down!  Everyone else to go, I suppose.

• Like 1

I mean, you actively state you are advocating concepts that are unorthodox, so you must realize that you come off as...well...unorthodox.  It shouldn't come as a surprise that people with orthodox views view your stratagems as crazy!  :D  

Reasonable people will always accept new ideas that are effective, or at minimum discuss them.  It just makes sense to assimilate all the good ideas you can find.

The trouble with the interwebz is that it gives a level of anonymity that allows people to act quite uncivilized, because you simply have no impact on their lives.  It's an easy matter to be dismissive and/or even yes insulting when you think that person will never be important to you.  Quite another matter when they are local and around a lot.  My nickname if you will recall, comes from this very forum and a mean spirited attempt to insult me that kind of turned into an amusingly good thread that went about 25 pages.  A shame we can't pull that back up.  It had some pretty witty stuff in it.

The people who play me a few times know very well what I can do and they respect it even if they don't choose to emulate it.  Those who don't see me but maybe once every couple of years sometimes respect me, but more often think I'm crazy. 

And that's okay.  It's the way of things.  It's not going to change, on any forum, ever.  You cannot be different and stand up for yourself without making an enemy here or there.  I don't know why.  That's just the way it seems to be.

The hope is that the more people I play, the more my unorthodoxy will at least gain some level of grudging appreciation, if not emulation.  or not.  It's okay either way.  For those who want to know how I do it or how I think, I'm always happy to share.  :smile:

Reasonable people will always accept new ideas that are effective, or at minimum discuss them.  It just makes sense to assimilate all the good ideas you can find.

The trouble with the interwebz is that it gives a level of anonymity that allows people to act quite uncivilized, because you simply have no impact on their lives.  It's an easy matter to be dismissive and/or even yes insulting when you think that person will never be important to you.  Quite another matter when they are local and around a lot.  My nickname if you will recall, comes from this very forum and a mean spirited attempt to insult me that kind of turned into an amusingly good thread that went about 25 pages.  A shame we can't pull that back up.  It had some pretty witty stuff in it.

The people who play me a few times know very well what I can do and they respect it even if they don't choose to emulate it.  Those who don't see me but maybe once every couple of years sometimes respect me, but more often think I'm crazy. 

And that's okay.  It's the way of things.  It's not going to change, on any forum, ever.  You cannot be different and stand up for yourself without making an enemy here or there.  I don't know why.  That's just the way it seems to be.

The hope is that the more people I play, the more my unorthodoxy will at least gain some level of grudging appreciation, if not emulation.  or not.  It's okay either way.  For those who want to know how I do it or how I think, I'm always happy to share.  :smile:

Janus I say sir! Janus!

janus.jpg

Let's be fair, though: there are also lots of folks on the internet who don't argue in good faith and/or are completely misinformed about subjects. If you assume that everyone you talk to is having an on-the-level discussion, you'll end up wasting hundreds of hours with trolls, fanatics, and the self-deluded. One of the skills of the internet is knowing when to pick your battles.

• Like 3