Back to my OnG`s

With the current uncertainty of the combined armies from End Times being accepted into the WHFB circuit ive decided to spend more efforts on my OnG`s,though im still working on my UL Nagash list for fun/themed games of course.

I am still liking the all Goblin idea so I wipped up a 2500 point list that comes in at 9.2 comp and seems like its not too complicated to play yet has some fun stuff too.

First draft-

Skarsnick--General

Goblin Great Shaman lvl 4 Staff of Scorcery/Talisman of Preservation

Mounted on Arachnarock with Catchweb shrine.

Night Goblin Big Boss with Bad Moon Banner

Night Goblin Shaman lvl 1 Dispel Scroll-- Lore of Undead

Night Goblin Shaman lvl 1 Channeling Staff--- Lore of Undead

Night Goblin Horde 60 w/full command/nets/1 xfanatic/Spears and Shields

Night Goblin Horde 40 w/Boss/Standard/Bows/1x Fanatic

Gatilla Da Hunta

15x Wolf Riders "Da Howlerz" w/full command/Bows/Shields

Doom Diver Catapult

Doom DIver Catapult

Rock Lobba w/Bully

Rock Lobba w/Bully

Mangler Squig

Mangler Squig

Troll

Troll

Snotling Pump Wagon w/Outriggas/Spikey Rolla

Now I would probably still take Lore of Undead on Both of the lvl 1 Shaman mainly for the Wildcard it would bring...being just -16 on the comp list it only makes a one point difference on the total.Plus going all gobbos I don't see a lot of benefit to be spamming little waaagh especially when I have a lvl 4 Loremaster for it on the board.I should have strong magic phases both while dispelling and casting with 3 wizards channeling with a +2 bonus and one even getting a +3 due to the staff.

Not sure about the Wolf Rider boss and his mob but I really like the idea of it and the comp score with the wolves and the boss is only -11 total so I think it may be a bit underated as their shooting attacks will all be at bs 4 with no movement penaltie,But yeah,,, will I say that as they run off the board soon after being focused,lol

I don't really have a hammer unit and will be counting more on the Manglers and Pump Wagon along with the siege engines to do most of my damage.Though I do plan to run the gobbos in Horde formation so Skarsnicks mob with nets and all my be very potent if it does end up in combat.

Also ive only gone with 2 fanatics mainly due to recent bad expoeriences,plus im counting on at least a few min units to be summoned for speed bumps and fanatic spam would likely be counterproductive to that.Overall Fanatcs are fun but with the forced charge attemps from failed animosity and the abundance of shooting out there they really are just too upredictable to spam.

Now not knowing a lot about what other armies could bring in the 8-12 comp range I am open for suggestions as to what I may need to deal with other armies in this middle range of builds

When I get off work I will go over your list with you and give some good sugestions. I also wanttobe honest with you too, you are a Learner player and you really don't need or want to make your game tougher by taking a highly comped list. You should be shotting for the 10-11 range if you want to have a challenging game and 8-9 to feel less stress.

More experienced players can take a 13-16 comped list and still feel they have a chance for a win. Your list right now has some holes and will not have the power to kill any melee threats.

(Unfortunatly the more experienced players tend to go for the 9-10 range for the strong list feel.

• Like 1

personally i think you probably need a lvl2 undeath over two level 1s.  its so hard to get spells off on lvl1s.  also having the lvl4 on the spider id probably go against that.  canons are already going to be targeting the spider so its just a bonus for them to take out your lvl4 with the same shot(remember canons are templates so they hit both rider/monster...).  gatilla is awesome.  ive played him before and he just is a pain in the butt!  seems like a fun list!

• Like 1

personally i think you probably need a lvl2 undeath over two level 1s.  its so hard to get spells off on lvl1s.  also having the lvl4 on the spider id probably go against that.  canons are already going to be targeting the spider so its just a bonus for them to take out your lvl4 with the same shot(remember canons are templates so they hit both rider/monster...).  gatilla is awesome.  ive played him before and he just is a pain in the butt!  seems like a fun list!

Yeah I actually had just one lvl 2 then switched to the lvl 1s mainly to increase channel attempts due to the huge bonus the catchweb shrine gives...I figure with the 2 lvl 1`s and the channeling staff I should have a fair chance of 2 extra dice each magic phase.

My thinking on the Arachnid Goblin Shaman is that I should be able to draw some shooting attention early with my rush of Manglers and the Pumpwagon forward,also trying a flank rush with Gattila and the boys should draw shooting too but probably not of the canon variety.But yeah its pushing 500 points and 8 wounds with no ward at all so I see your point.

And yeah Murphy,im sure theres plenty of weaknesses so im certainly interested in what you've got for suggestions.Actually I was shooting for the middle level comp in the thinking that those would be the most common goal of average players but it seems you are suggesting I go for maybe a harder list,which I guess makes sense as it should be more forgiving to play.

I feel im getting more of a grasp on the game,mainly the movement tricks but I still need to work on setup and planning my moves ahead.But I fully admit that for me at least,I find OnGs being an army that take more skill to play well with than I have with the WHFB so far and probably isint a good army to learn the game with...Orks in 40k,especially 6th edition ended up the same way except that that's not so much a skill issue as it is an issue with the army being just melee based in a full on shooting game.This is one reason why I really latched on to the Undead Legions,they have cool models and don't have any issues at all with leadership,a much more forgiving army it seems.

Reading around im starting to see some OnG lists pop up with the wizards taking mainly LoU and from their battle experiences its working pretty well to get out the boosted Ryze Monster infantry.One poster at Da Warpath claims to have gotten a Terroghiest out a few times even..not sure if I believe that though as its the 24+ boosted,but I suppose with a Mushroom and perhaps a magic Item it could be done with some reliability.Also having at least one Little Waaagh caster seems nice for the lore attribute of die stealing.

I`m starting to think I may need to add in at least a Orc Shaman so I can have the option of some big waaagh action.If the new magic rules take hold I certainly will add him in.