[W] - Looking for Sisters of Battle

SweaterKittens

Hey all!

I'm starting my first army, and the cosmos has deemed it will be Sisters. Unfortunately, my wallet has deemed that it's a bad idea. I'm hoping to gather at least a few of the pieces pre-owned. If anyone has any Sisters units that they're willing to get rid of on the cheap, I'd be happy to buy. I'm located near St. V's hospital, but I'd be happy to travel to you.

Cheers,
Chris W.

I am going to be posting a Sisters of Battle army on eBay really soon, but I am looking at getting as much as I can for them. There are about 50 sisters, 10 repentia, 3 rhinos/immolators, 10 seraphim, priest and conclave. I am also selling unpainted and unassembled Rhinos, unpainted Immolators and an unpainted Exorcist.

I am also selling a cheaper Space Marine army as well.

Come to think of it, I should have 1 metal sister with a bolter laying around somewhere. One of those models that's always in the bits bin, but you can never find a proper use for it. If I can find it, I'd love a trade for a metal PA [loyalist] marine or PA GK model. I'm not too picky for that sister.

Thanks, that's a great deal! I'm hoping I'm not getting in too late, as it looks like someone already sent him a pm.

On the counts-as note - if I can't get legit sisters to happen, I'm going to use the Dreamforge Games Eisenkern Valkir Heavy Troopers with female heads as subs. Even if I manage to scrap together a contingent, I'll probably be using some Raging Heroes/Warmachine Protectorate minis as counts-as for the Priests (as I'm not a big fan of the current sculpts.)

Finding female heads to fit those is gonna be tough. Non-heroic scale (ie, not encephalitic) lady heads are pretty rare. Dreamforge are putting out a unit of Eisenkern of the fairer sex as well. If you go the route off looking for third party heads give me a PM, I searched all over the internets and have saved links for ya.

The ones I had planned on using were from Statuesque Miniatures. I seem to be having difficulty putting links in my posts, possibly due to this being a computer at work, but they should be easy enough to find. Statuesque doesn't have very many products yet. Also, it was my understanding that 40k was in heroic scale. Is that incorrect? Despite being in heroic scale, these heads seem like they'd work great in regular sisters armor or the Dreamforge Eisenkern bodies.

PS, I have seen those new female troops from Dreamforge and I'm a bit underwhelmed. I like the Heavy Troopers because it really looks like power armor instead of looking dainty.

The missing leg armour (because if you've got a nice booty you can't cover it in metal plates) and bewb armour kinda killed my excitement for them. The "heroic" in heroic scale refers to the proportions of the sculpt. Compare a GeeDub mini to one from infinity, the Infinity one will tend to be much slimmer with heads/hands/guns much closer to lifelike in scale. The GW mini will, in comparison, have giant heads/hands/guns. Putting a heroic scaled head on a non-heroic scaled mini will make it look like a bobble head;)

Yeah, likewise. It makes sense with Dark Eldar sculpts and Dark Eldar sculpts only. No one else would want to sacrifice armor for hots.

I'm familiar with the scale difference, which is why I thought the heroic-scale heads would look great on either stock 40k Sisters or the Eisenkern Heavies. The Heavies are supposed to look like they're wearing heavy armor, but with the heroic scale heads on em I think they'd be a dead ringer for power armor. Now if only they'd get back in stock, or if Dreamforge would respond to the several attempts I've made to contact them... Seriously, I've had better customer service from people selling recasts than these guys. Unless I can get a deal like pretre posted, and hell even if I can, the Eisenkerns would be a lot more of an affordable option.