WFB 9th rumors, be strong my friends

intrizic

I think what they mean about space Marines in fantasy was more that there would be a single flagship good guy faction to oppose the chaos faction and not that there would be actual space Marines running around blasting Karl Franz full of bolter rounds and taking over the Empire.

A single heroic good guy faction of heavily armoured humans.

They will be fantasy space marines, mark my words. They won't have bolters, but they will have the same aesthetic. Space Marines have been the flagship product of GW for years, and now that they are trying to breathe new life into fantasy, they've come up with the genius idea of making MORE space marines.

As if yellow, red, green, black, white, blue, and evil space marines weren't enough.

I hate space marines.

I hate space marines.

Honestly if it plays out according to rumors, and it ends up going with a release cycle similar to 40K... I might duck out of the game. Not that I play it already, but I've been keeping the models around just in case.

Already been considering dropping the nid stuff after I started looking into how many books I'd need to cover all of the rules for the various formations. And how many new models I'm looking at to field some fun lists. Don't want to look at the TK in the same way.

I'll wait till it's all said and done of course... but so far it's only turned me off from the game, rather than renewing interest. I wonder how many people are feeling that way so far.

• Like 1

A single heroic good guy faction of heavily armoured humans.

They will be fantasy space marines, mark my words. They won't have bolters, but they will have the same aesthetic. Space Marines have been the flagship product of GW for years, and now that they are trying to breathe new life into fantasy, they've come up with the genius idea of making MORE space marines.

As if yellow, red, green, black, white, blue, and evil space marines weren't enough.

I hate space marines.

I'm thinking WoC but hold the chaos....lol Warriors of Profit :D

I've read through everything a second time and gathered my thoughts a bit. Overall, the biggest thing that I feel about these rumors is that I want to know more. I don't know if I'll like the new system or not, but it does have my interest.

I really like the idea of not having new army books come out ever in the future, but instead have new units for existing armies get released with the rules in the box.

I am overall fine with combining some of the factions, but do hope that Lizardmen and Dwarfs are able to stay around on their own. I don't think we have enough concrete information out there to know that they are being invalidated so I think it's too early to poop our collective pants if they are flying off to space, but we'll see.

I think it is important to know that none of this information is complete yet, so until we hear something official (which I'm guessing will be soon since GW has kept a pretty tight lid on rumors for the last few years up until now), it's not worth freaking out about. That said, I am going to be delaying any purchases of my new planned VC army until I hear something more, which I'm guessing will be the case for a lot of people, so hopefully that will spur GW on to give some solid info sooner.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw these rumors on new kits in production posted yesterday:

Chaos: Very large Dragon kit, spotted in the process of being painted up.  Two-headed, very serpentine in pose. Mounted by a Chaos Knight.  Taller than Nagash  enormous wings dwarf its large base. Said to be truly stunning.

Dwarfs: Large golem built of boulders/stone, covers with runes.  Dwarfs atop it manning a platform mounted gunpowder weapon.

Orcs: New Boar-riders kit. New modern dynamic poses, with fully armored & armed Ork cavalry atop, leaning far forward in their saddles.

In various stages of development, time to market unknown.

The fact that they're developing new Dwarf models gives me hope for the army being playable in 9E. Now for them to just start making some Lizard kits...

Yeah. I will freak the hell out if they kill off lizards. Even though I have no intention of playing them lizardmen have been so important to the fantasy storyline. Hopefully the new kits are good and this doom resting in the center of my heart will dissipate upon seeing the new rules, fluff and army books.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.