Not to be a doomsayer or anything... but DX

Also, the games are becoming more and more rock paper scissors. If you don't have the right build, you get crushed.

As an aside I disagree strongly with this!  I feel that 6th and 7th edition were much more prone to RPS builds than 8th.  There are a lot more viable units in the newer army books, and a lot more viable balanced builds in our local meta (no idea about 'ardboyz, don't care, never will).

That said your theory seems plausible.  

I think pretty much any of the discussed moves by GW can be handled without a big loss of enjoyment of the game, but it may take some concerted effort by the player base to align ourselves :)

So by the word "exodus" you interpret, what? They leave the game system? That's hilarious.

I have a college education and we all have a computer.

"ex·o·dus /ˈeksədəs/

noun a mass departure of people, especially emigrants. synonyms: mass departure, withdrawal, evacuation, leaving; More the departure of the Israelites from Egypt. noun: Exodus; plural noun: the Exodus."

There is also a book, which I read, and a movie based on the book. There is no other definition out there. And as for the Lizardmen not being in the game that is exactly what Harry and the bunch are saying. And now WD has it in print there is an Exodus.So there is a high chance the Lizardmen are done.

So I am very concerned.

So in case anyone didn't read the more defined rumors the Best Sorces out there are saying there will only be Six Factions! We know of a few that are going to be combined already but the ones we havn't seen in the ET books is that the Lizardmen are Gone. They use their Space Ships,(Yes I said Space Ships, they're mentioned in their army book.) to leave the planet.

Also the Dwarf army is gone, the few remaining survivors will be apart of the New Empire. Same thing goes for the Ogres, no more Ogre Army they now are apart of the Empire.

This is not me making it up, this is what the most solid rumor mongers are saying and they are right 80% of the time.

As for every other model? It is said they are now all not supported, there wil be completely new models we are advised to buy and you will need your models on Round Bases.

I have a college education and we all have a computer.

"ex·o·dus /ˈeksədəs/

noun a mass departure of people, especially emigrants. synonyms: mass departure, withdrawal, evacuation, leaving; More the departure of the Israelites from Egypt. noun: Exodus; plural noun: the Exodus."

There is also a book, which I read, and a movie based on the book. There is no other definition out there. And as for the Lizardmen not being in the game that is exactly what Harry and the bunch are saying. And now WD has it in print there is an Exodus.So there is a high chance the Lizardmen are done.

So I am very concerned.

Im so happy for you...... ML. Really. 

I was just implying that the term exodus means they're just leaving Lustria, their Jungle "home", not the WH game system. Given all the new artwork, models, books theyve printed. Just doesnt seem like something GW would do in this current stage. Thats a lot of time, effort, and financing, to just say, They're gone now sorry to all that were inspired by these wonderful paintings and stories. 

Again, its as if you want GW to [big bad swear word] you. 

I dont care if Im right about it, Im just being optimistic. 

I'm with fixxer about lizards being done.  GW just put a lot of time into some amazing models and an army book for them.  I find it hard to believe that lizards will be no more.

An exodus isn't and extinction.  If everyone in the Portland metro area had to depart and migrate to a new location then they would be conducting an exodus.

Even without a college education, if you define "mass" and "departure", exodus is just a fancy term putting both of those words together to show that, "a ton lizardmen are departing their homeland due to Skaven f'n it up".

In all honesty, it was only a matter of time until Lustria fell to Skaven.  Even in the skaven book the fluff leads to this happening at some point.  The plague monks have been there for some time.  If you take it a step further, it's no surprise that Skaven aren't the supreme rulers of the Old World.  They are literally everywhere and they make major moves behind the scenes and no one has ever seen Skavenblight.

In the end, I just have an extremely hard time believing anyone who says that the "bases" are going to change.  GW has been putting out a tremendous amount of new multi-part fantasy kits over the past year.  However, I could be entirely wrong and I will then look back, sigh, and adjust to the new system.  I'm not going to get worked up about fantasy because of all these rumors who people may think are legit because those rumor "mills" have been correct on some rumors in the past.  The rumors they are talking about now aren't about army books, new suplements, or new models.  They're trying to tell us about an entirely new rules system for a new game that you could be able to play with your 8th edition models but you can completely ignore 9th and keep playing 8th and that you'll still need the 8th rulebook to play 9th.  I mean WTF!!!???

That's like saying you can play 4th edition DnD but you need some rules from Shadowrun.

As for the all armour army to battle chaos....yeah, it's called Dwarfs (they just move an inch slower).

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2015/01/9th-edition-what-is-really-going-on.html

Pretty good opinion of all of this stuff and im fully on with the way he feels about it,,seems to make a lot of sense to me:)

I'm with this guy... I don't doubt the new cross-faction "expansion" release at all, since we've seen it in ET already!

And as for round bases, well, [big bad swear word].  That sucks but is also I suppose kinda tolerable if the game is worth the effort.

In any case, 8th is solid and IMO needs very little beyond ET to keep it VERY interested for a long time (the combined factions armies are SO rife with possibility!)

I'm excited to see 9th when it comes out!!

• Like 1

I will say that this thread is extremely amusing.  I remember all of this happening before the release of 8th....oh, and it continued well until 6 months after the release of 8th:

"OMFG, you can have a unit of 50, and you still get 30 attacks against my 5 Dragon Princes if I kill the entire first rank"  "WTF, that's just not fair!"

"Wow, these spells are just ridiculous and win games for you!"

"Wait, it's not good to take only unit of 30 because of the six spells?"

"Why did they change skirmishers, I can't have Dryads running a muck in any direction I want."

"Why would GW want more units of Monstrous Infantry and WTF is this Monstrous cavalry BS!?"

"My gunline won't win me games now, I actually have to kill units and not just cause panic checks in order to get points for fleeing units?"

"What's with all these stupid scenarios.  Why would I want that many standards in my army."

"Wait, you can have more than 1 lord and 3 heroes?"

"You can re-roll leadership tests because of a battle standard"

"With all the re-rolls to leadership, fear and terror are just not good anymore and you shouldn't be able to re-roll leadership tests."

"My lord on a dragon can't fly around all game and flame template everything?"

"My unit strength 5 model doesn't beat a unit of 20 or more models on it's own in combat anymore?"

As you can see, the list of ridiculous quotes from players who left the game because their cheese &%# armies didn't work anymore was just that....RIDICULOUS!  8th gave us a great balance (yes, it's not perfect, but NO system will be) and through play testing and learning the rules better, we either embraced the change or left the game behind.  I can't wait to see what happens with the fantasy community when 9th hits.  I do know, that no matter the change, I will still play the game because I love that it's NOT LoTR, it's NOT 40k, it's MOTHER [big bad swear word]ING WARHAMMER FANTASY!!!1

• Like 1