Not to be a doomsayer or anything... but DX

Here is my take on it.  I can see GW shelving certain armies.  At least from the standpoint of going to website only, which in some cases they have already done.  What I can't see is trying to turn Fantasy into a round base/skirmish game.  It's such a deviation from what Fantasy has always been that I just don't believe that part of the rumor.

That being said, it could easily be that GW has this in mind.  9th could be exactly that, a skirmish based attempt at Fantasy.  Yet if that is the case I see 9th failing miserably and 10th coming close on the heels from the lashing out of hate you'll see from the core that is Fantasy players.  Fantasy players are not looking for that type of game.  Fantasy player like to push big blocks around the board. Big generalization there, I know.  Although I feel I'm spot on.

Either way, I don't see you guys (another generalization) getting all worked up and arguing over it.  Rumors will continue to come out, but until they are more solid then what they are now, chill the [big bad swear word] out.

• Like 1

I am not against the idea of Fantasy-K but having them also strong arming old players into buying new minis by not having the old models in the new army books (He does mention that) and then outdating the old army books purposely to have you buy the new modeles is ethically wrong. They can do it of course but of you want to play 9th and don't want to play an outdated army you. will have to purchase the new books (as expected) but also new models.

Mind you this is still just rumors but I am not ok with having to rebase some models to use as Count As but I will also need to purchase the new models to boot? Not my idea of a good time.

And Fixxer if you want to troll me, and I know you hate me, at least know what you are talking about. Otherwise do what I suggested in private and just keep your mouth shut. I don't care what you think of me.

And keep it up I will not only block your nasty PMs but will just put you on my ignore list.

I look at it this way,with a new rules edition I would probably likely need to buy the book even if it was just minor changes..as I did with 40ks 7th edition book even though GW has a 6th edition amendment you can DL to update your ruleset(for free).Im totally with ya on the repurchasing of models and actually if that's how this pans out then I too will not even bother with this new system.But I don't think that's whats going to happen as it would be horrendously stupid ass for a company to do that to their customers.

I think what this guys post over there was really saying was that we will infact still have the current edition to play with and it will be supported,but we will also have a new edition to play around with that,yes will have some new models for but we can also use our exising collections too..and actually from the sounds of it the new edition may be a smaller model count game anyway so those with large collections will be even more set to run it and as with anything new we can all proxie as needed:)

Also I can see the community using two editions for some time to come,,8th for the more competitive scene and this new 9th edition for a more casual/event or maybe league scene.Kinda like what MTG has done for many years with all the different game formats they have.I know its kind of a stretch comparison to use a card game but they both are collectable games so to speak and both have large card/unit counts.Maybe its time for Warhammer to have multiple formats to play in.

Also I don't plan to rebase any models ive already built...what I would likely do it wip up a fvckton of 25mm round base discs out of plasticard and glue a small metal tab in the middle so the models mag can grab it...or something along those lines.Then ill just paint the disc the same color as the models rim:)

Alright, time has passed and I have to apologize for the College remark. I don't really think a college education makes a better person. It was directed to one person only who has been Trolling me and I let him get to me. (It goes deeper than this thread)

Now we will see what happens but these rumors don't look like complete BS, but I also mentioned earlier I will wait to see what the new edition looks like before I pass judgement on it. But I still am not rebasing my current models.

And Fixxer I don't know what your issue is with me but you are now on my ignore list and I highly advise you to put me on yours. Because whatever you think is going on between us doesn't exist. So stop trying to get a rise out of me.

Fluger: Did you really just say that floating bubbles of reality is a better "fluff" system then a mapped world?

Yes.  Kinda.  My point was that it made more sense to have armies that are territorial fighting each other.  Why were Tomb Kings fighting Wood Elves for instance?  Or Lizardmen fighting Dwarves?  If you stick to the fluff of the Old World, it makes ZERO sense.  

Floating bubbles of reality is at least somewhat original, whereas the Old World is not very original.  

• Like 1

is it just me or are there a bunch of 40k-ers in this thread already eagerly anticipating the takeover of fantasy.... sorry i think im having too much fun with this now :) my biggest wish is no circle bases. oh the horror! 

Far from it.  I got into OFCC because of Fantasy.  I was one of the people that bailed on 8th edition and sold off my huge stock of models to get a clean break.  I've been waiting for 9th edition for a while now because I want to get back into the game.  At the last combo-OFCC one of the best things was seeing old Fantasy friends who I haven't run into in years and it got me wistful.  

I sincerely hope for nothing other than a great great game for 9th edition so that everyone is happy and glad.  The current rumors don't fill me with much enthusiasm, but I'll wait and see.  

Also, as to people saying "No way would they switch bases!", the new Blood Angels dex changed base sizes to a new 32mm round for Tactical Marines that is totally out of the blue.  So, the idea that they might make you re-base everything isn't that far off base (pun intended).  

An exodus isn't and extinction.  If everyone in the Portland metro area had to depart and migrate to a new location then they would be conducting an exodus.

If the entire world were overrun by demon worshipping fanatics, giant plague rats with radioactive cannons, and the walking dead, and we had access to a stargate-pyramid-spaceship, I'm pretty sure the people in the Portland metro area wouldn't be exodus-ing to frickin Iowa. We'd be going to god damn outer space.  :biggrin: Hell, I'd go to god damn outer space even if there wasn't all that other $#!+ in the world. If I had a spaceship and had to leave Portland, I'm gonna go grab me some green-alien-hot-chick-tail.

Honestly, I don't mind the tendency toward optimism. I think (for the majority of us on here) we're all hoping these rumors are false. But if we look at the math alone, the statistical probability of these rumors coming true are pretty damn high. I wouldn't bet against it. Add to that the fact that GW is the most poorly run company I have ever witnessed, and it might as well be considered all but written in stone. I have no idea how the eff they have managed to stay around this long. Seriously, I've been playing Warhammer Fantasy for 4 years and the chum guzzlers over at GW are absolutely the worst in support and communication with their customers, not to mention their ridiculous prices. I'm pretty sure they're managed by an effing goat. I swear, they just take their rules, throw them in a paper shredder, feed them to the goat with a heavy laxative, and just let it diarrhea all over the wall, whatever sticks, that's the new edition. And their FAQs and Errata are worth less than whatever doesn't stick.

Simply flabberghasted. 

ML you are out of line and simply over-react to everything. I have issues with nobody, in fact I enjoyed our OFCC game very much despite your attitude during the game. The barrage of complaints after the OFCC and comp was a little annoying due to the negative slant; and I let you know in a PM that you took the wrong way, it is what it is. If you see that as hate, Im sorry for you.  I dont hate anyone.  Nor do I seek out to "troll" anyone or belittle them, Im sorry you see it that way, but there are a lot of people on this forum, not just you. 

Im sorry everyone for this, I didnt see my posts as inflammitory at all on this particular thread, perhaps bad jokes or poking fun at the "world is falling attitude" many of you share, sorry if I offended anyone else with my smart ass remarks, I really dont mean to be a dick. I do although get tired of blind complaining due to a lack of dedication and effort to really learn how to play this game with class. 

Opinions are like assholes and we all know the rest. :) 

.... LOVE. 

• Like 3

You guys need to get your drama out of our drama. Actually, the hardest part of all of this for me, will be the fluff change. The whole "bad guys win" just doesn't sit well. Part of the reason I play dwarfs is because I love the thought of them fighting to regain their past glory and to right wrongs. I love the lore and history of the race. Now all of that is going to be gone and I am left with a few survivors that are huddling with men?? Does that inspire me to play them? No.

Floaty bubbles in chaos? Where is the hope there?

• Like 1