Fluger Games Day (time to get back on the horse)

fluger

Unlike these creatures of legend, the Franks actually HAD real men of vision who shaped the world. They also conquered land instead of being conquered. Silly Irish.

The Irish resisted conquest longer than any of the Celtic peoples of the British Isles. Unlike most of Britain the Irish were never conquered by the Romans, the Anglo/Saxons, or the Danes. Even at the height of Viking power, the Norse held only areas of costal Ireland, while the interior remained in the hands of the Irish.

As for your Carolingian Franks, after Charlemane croaked, it was all downhill. In 911 the Carolingians lost control of their territory in what is now modern day Germany. In 987 they lost what is modern day France.

Also, while the Huns and Germanic tribes, including the early Franks, were rampaging across Europe destroying civilization and driving Europe into the Dark Ages, the Irish played a critical role in preserving and eventually refounding Western European civilization.

LINKY

BBC Documentary

image_zps71b99c70.jpg

And... The existence and deeds of Irish/Celtic heroes of legend are as real as many if not most of the characters and deeds of persons in the Torah, the Bible, or the Quran.

e14113.gif

Oh, and one more thing. GO SEAHAWKS!

Seattle%20Seahawks%20Flag.gif

Well, the last time I had a Games Day scheduled at my house, my Dad died.  Haven't had one since then just because of the chaos and confusion of the last 6 months.  Additionally, the porch that I do most of the gaming on sprung a bunch of leaks and became kind of a soppy mess.  

Anyway, things have finally stabilized at my house and the porch is now fixed (literally a few hours ago) and I've been feeling the itch to host again.  

I'm thinking early February, like maybe the 6th for my next event.  

Who would be down?  

Should be 40k and also SAGA in the mix.  

Yay.

I will pencil it in on the calendar. Things have gotten crazyish for me so not totally sure I will come. I got a new job, same employer but directly billable and required to be at a Boeing site so I have to do the commute thing again but this also means I don't have to move to the new business center in Pittsburgh.

So between getting up early and the traffic from hell at least on the homebound commute I have not even been up to TF2 much. But as I said before, What is good in life, To play 40k, to drink beer while doing it, and to have tasty meat for dinner.

• Like 2

Well, koyote knows that 1. I'm playing a decidedly Christian faction and 2. I am a Christian. It's all in good fun.

It's too bad that my Era of Princes Rus are Christians or I'd go with this idea for my Warlord. Hmm? I wonder if I can convert this kneeling monk model into a kneeling Frank? :)

image_zps1175d849.jpg

image_zpsecb0cded.jpg

image_zpsa49e03fc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...