OFCC, to Dragon or not to Dragon

Definitely Dragon!

That said, what's interesting to me is that with the combined statlines, and the legend/myth of Cannons and Doom Divers everywhere (I might have seen one on a table somewhere during the entire OFCC), somehow Lord characters on Dragons aren't considered hard.  Newsflash: they are still super badass unless your opponent happens to have one of the few (rare) answers to them.  Every now and then I run my Dark Elf Lord on a Dragon and he turns my already-tough army into a MUCH tougher army.  Having that much power concentrated in one flying, small footprint unit is always very strong in the hands of a good player.  

Unless the dragon gets killed from under the rider. I did just that at the last OFCC with my soft ogres vs. Big Pat's Khorne warriors - in the top of the first turn. The dragon and lord were wounded be an Amber Spear and the dragon was finished by the Stonehorn rider's harpoon launcher. The khorne lord joined the warriors unit in Pat's half of the turn.

Threat neutralized without a cannon (nor doom diver ) before he did anything. I got the unit and lord a couple turns later with a perfectly executed combo charge and some fantastic regen saves after a fortuitous Trollguts casting.

Beast wizard and a pseudo-bolt thrower - plenty of armies can come up with that (or the equivalent). Dragons, while good, are not the game dominating pieces they once were.