OFCC 2015 Warhammer Fantasy Questions

1. Wording on the achievements section has been cleaned up and at least has been removed from the 5 pin achievement.

2. Yes 1, 2 or 5.

3. Yes, if they are in the swedish comp or the ofcc addendum then they are permitted.

Also keep in mind packets will be updated when new books are released. The next uodatw will be in 2ish weeks.

Regarding Scenario 5:

Can one unit be both the General's bodyguard and the General's slayers?

If a general wishes his unit to be both reckless and resolute sure.  It would be ill-advised but at the same token sometimes you want to go balls to wall bat[big bad swear word] insane! 

• 2 weeks later...

try not to hate me by the end of this john, but scenerio one with hatred.  what if a specific army already hates the other army?  or if you are dwarves and 1/3 of the time you hate them anyways?  an idea: maybe if you already have hatred, you get to reroll the second round of combat as well because the hate is 'so intense' towards that character  :biggrin:

try not to hate me by the end of this john, but scenerio one with hatred. what if a specific army already hates the other army? or if you are dwarves and 1/3 of the time you hate them anyways? an idea: maybe if you already have hatred, you get to reroll the second round of combat as well because the hate is 'so intense' towards that character :biggrin:

Or you don't get to benefit from an advantage you already have. Otherwise then you have to compensate for other modifiers that change how the game mechanics are intended to function.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a couple of questions/comments regarding scenario 1:

1. When do you declare the hated model? Before or after deployment?

2. Do you dice off for who does it first? Or reveal at the same time?

3. Is it intended for champions to be eligible targets? A savvy opponent could choose my Pawleader (slave champion). He might be sacrificing the potential of hatred, but he is almost guaranteed to get the battle point.

I have a couple of questions/comments regarding scenario 1:

1. When do you declare the hated model? Before or after deployment?

2. Do you dice off for who does it first? Or reveal at the same time?

3. Is it intended for champions to be eligible targets? A savvy opponent could choose my Pawleader (slave champion). He might be sacrificing the potential of hatred, but he is almost guaranteed to get the battle point.

1. You may declare it whenever.  Just do it before you start turn 1.

2. No, you may arbitrarily do it.  You can roll it off, flip a coin,  rock/paper/scissor it.  You may also choose to do it three's company style where you both jump in the air and shout it out then laugh.  My recommendation is the three's company method, however if you choose this path I would recommend on wearing 70's attire complete with tube socks and short shorts.  You want to feel the immersion no?

3.  The rule says to select "one character or champion". 

• Like 1

Question on Host of the Eternity King comp: what to do when more than one generic penalty applies to the same unit?

EG: a pair of characters riding a manticore and a dragon... the High Elf Generic penalty is for Flying Monsters; the Dark Elf is for Flying Characters, and both apply to both models.

That is a great question and the answer is yes, both penalties apply.  While it may seem harsh to have a "double" penalty apply, it is one of the few balancing mechanisms I have for the elven legion lists.  The same will apply for the other two elven legion army lists when I get those comped out.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just IMHO, but for the Undead Legions comp -5 per "flying unit, character, or monster" seems a bit harsh, don't you think? That doubles the comp of fellbats, increases the comp on vargheists by roughly half, and pushes Terrorgheists up to -35. "Flying characters" also feels a bit broad. Are hellsteeds or flying horror on vampires really worth an additional -5 comp? Both are already taking a comparable comp hit.

Obviously I am a bit biased, as an UL player myself, but a threshold system would seem a lot more fair? Something like how ethereals are comped under the current VC pack, where the first couple are cheap and after that their price climbs dramatically.

Hey, is comp addendum #3 the final one? I ask, because I really need to plan my painting out, and the recent changes came dangerously close to upending my plans. Things are getting down to the wire, so I imagine at some point the comp will become fixed?

Hey Jim,

For now the Comp is considered finalized.  There are no more 8th edition or End TImes releases and the group I worked with to evaluate the army power levels I think provided a reasonable final package.

Just IMHO, but for the Undead Legions comp -5 per "flying unit, character, or monster" seems a bit harsh, don't you think? That doubles the comp of fellbats, increases the comp on vargheists by roughly half, and pushes Terrorgheists up to -35. "Flying characters" also feels a bit broad. Are hellsteeds or flying horror on vampires really worth an additional -5 comp? Both are already taking a comparable comp hit.

Obviously I am a bit biased, as an UL player myself, but a threshold system would seem a lot more fair? Something like how ethereals are comped under the current VC pack, where the first couple are cheap and after that their price climbs dramatically.

I would agree in some aspects the comp hits a little harder than what would appear reasonable but it balances out over all with the benefits from the army.

As someone who hates any composition to begin with, the concept of adding composition penalties is alien to me at best.  I had a small group at first that reviewed some of the information and we came to a consensus for v.1 and v.2, on version 3 however I opened it up to discussion with various regions and metas.  What you see it the final end product from taking what was a nebulous concept and attempting to adapt it to an already existing system.

It should all balance out in the end, if it doesn't then that's a failing on my part but I'm not perfect (despite being ridiculously good looking, smart, witty and funny and not to mention a sexual Tyrannosaurs).

• Like 2