Codex Necrons

pretre

I hope someone read the whole thing and tried to break it like some on forums will, just so they catch all the lingo shenanigans before it gets to us. I freaking hate some of the rules discussions. Just ONE codex with absolutely clear meanings that no ass hole can misinterpret to everyones chagrin. Just one. Is that too much to want?

Just ONE codex with absolutely clear meanings that no ass hole can misinterpret to everyones chagrin. Just one. Is that too much to want?

Don't have to be an ass hole to misinterpret GW books. They just don't peer edit.

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212

This is from the new White Dwarf.

The Decurion Detachment is a new way of organizing Necrons. Formations are broken down into three groups, Command, Core, and Auxiliary.

Command

Royal Court (0-1 per Reclamation Legion)

*1 Overlord/ Imotekh

*1-3 Lords

*1-3 Crypteks

Core

Reclamation Legion 1+

*1 Overlord

*0-2 Lychguard

*1-4 Immortals

*2-8 Necron Warriors

*1-3 Tomb Blades

*0-3 Monoliths

Auxiliary 1-10 choices per Reclamation Legion

Destroyer Cult

*Destroyer Lord

*3 Destroyers

*0-1 Heavy Destroyers

Judicator Battalion

*1 Triarch Stalkers

*2 Triarch Praetorians

Annihilation Nexus

*2 Annihilation Barges

*1 Doomsday Ark

Flayed Ones

*1 Flayed Ones

Deathmarks

*1 Deathmarks

Canoptek Harvest

*1 Canoptek Spyder

*1 Canoptek Wraiths

*1 Canoptek Scarabs

Star-God

*1 C'tan Shard of the Deceiver, Nightbringer, Transcedent C'tan, or Tesseract Vault

Living Tomb

*1 Obelisk

*0-2 Monoliths

Deathbringer Flight

* 2-4 Doom Scythes

It does seem like an interesting way of organizing an Army, if rather inflexible. Which I guess suits Necrons to a certain extent. Have to see what the specific Unit Rules end up being to see how much of each sub-formation is a tax.

Also, it kind of bugs me that they're using a personal title (Decurion) as a term for a large Unit. And one that isn't even organized into 10s at that :P

• Like 1

"The Relentless rule lets you move and shoot with heavy weapons, which is a big advantage. Except that Necrons don't have any heavy weapons, so we realize that it is actually a really [big bad swear word]ty thing to give them. But.. uh... it lets you assault? Yeah. Yeah! You should definitely assault those Space Marines with your Necrons, I bet that will work out really well for you. Forge a Narrative (by losing to the goodguy armies)!"

• Like 2

Community has issues with Escalation and allowing superheavies in regular games -- GW releases Imperial Knights, a codex of just super heavies.

Community has issues allowing multiple detachments in games --  GW releases Necrons, an army designed around multiple detachments.

It will be interesting to see if this shakes up the limits imposed by the big events.  I know it's got me thinking about it more.

Eh, "[big bad swear word]ty"?  I wouldn't go that far, I'd say, very rarely useful.  Much like how space wolves have acute senses.  Doesn't come up all the time, but useful when needed.  

It's better than not having a rule, yes. But on the spectrum of special rules from the base book you could've given them as part of the formation, it's only marginally more useful than Acute Senses is.

And, if it wasn't clear, I was paraphrasing the text from GW's own description of the subject.

And, if it wasn't clear, I was paraphrasing the text from GW's own description of the subject.

IIRC, wasn't there some GW poster or something (that people used to try and make the KFF a 4+ save) that descirbed Necron Warriors as good at melee?  

Maybe GW truly believes they are?  

GW be cray-cray, yo.