Codex Necrons

pretre

Play Tau? :)

I do.  and 10 other codex's, pretty much in rotation, literally.  

But mostly I just don't prefer flyers.  Once you have them you're COMMITTED to supporting them or you may as well not have bothered.  I've placed an Aegis Defense line down exactly ZERO times in my active lists (that I remember) despite their benefits and I see clearly that a reserve heavy FLYER strategy needs reserve manipulation, unlike my Tau who do well BECAUSE they might not come out in round 2.  

I look at my list and say "EASILY, this would be a fearsome list with three flyers".  And then I stop and think "Do i really hate my opponents this much?"  But if they put skyfire OPTION on the Monolith, then that would really make sense (from a model perspective) but also give people a reason to use Monoliths and to get away from bakeries.

i dunno.  I just would like it very much.  I'm not expecting miracles and i prefer the powering down (pardon the Necron pun) of the codex's for the most part and the normalization.  I havent felt like the Codex's coming out are spiking the power curve in really any way that matters so I am enjoying that about it and maybe a Monolith with Anti-air would be too much.  but then...that's why we have points to accomodate changes right?

How many points will a Monolith be?  200?

Character Stats going up:

Okay, I am gonna try and answer a whole bunch of questions at once. For starters, I am gonna post some stats. Let's start with...

The Necron Characters -

Nemesor Zahndrekh (150 pts)

WS5 BS5 S5 T5 W3 I2 A3 Ld10 Sv.2+

Staff of Light, Phase shifter

IC, Reanimation Protocols (RP), Eternal Madness Trait

Adaptive Tacticcs: May select a different Warlord Trait for him (no D6 roll needed) at start of each friendly turn after the first. May also select traits from the BRB. He cannot choose the same trait more than once per game.

Counter Tactics: When within 24" of enemy units with the following special rules: Counter attack, furious charge, hit & run, split fire, stealth, tank hunters - then Zahndrekh and his unit have the same special rules.

Vargard Obyron (120 points)

WS6 BS4 S5 T5 W2 I2 A3 Ld10 Sv.2+

Warscythe

IC, RP

Vargard's Duty: Auto passes Init. test for glorious intervention

Cleaving Counterblow: When in a challenge, gains a bonus attack for each attack made by enemy character that fails to hit. Attacks are made at Init 1 step and does not grant additional pile in move

Illuminor Szeras (110 points)

WS4 BS4 S4 T4 W2 I2 A4 Ld10 Sv3+

Fear, IC, RP, Immortal Hubris Trait

Eldritch Lance: 36", S8 AP2, Assault 1, Lance

Mechanical Augmentation: At start of game, before deployment, choose one unit of warriors or immortals. Nominated unit receives an upgrade for remainder of game. Roll D6-

1-2: +1 Toughness
3-4: BS set to 5
5-6: Strength set to 5

Lord of Technomancy: This model and all friendly models with RP within 6" get +1 to RP rolls

(To be Continued)

Zahndrekh is AMAZING now imo. Still can steal powers and can change Warlord traits per turn? That's fracking AWESOME.

Obyron is ruined for whatever reason. Like he was OP before?

Szeras much of the same, but now Eldrich Lance has Lance. That's nice. Still kinda meh, at least he's cheap (though 10 points more?).

Now I have to get more Lychguard boxes to put Dispersion Shields on everything. I think I'll just magnetize it to arms/backs of characters I've already put together, no reason to make new ones.

More Characters:

Orikan the Diviner (120 points)

WS4 BS4 S4 T4 W2 I2 A2 Ld10 Sv.4+

(Orikan Empowered) WS5 BS5 S7 T7 W4 I4 A4 Ld10 Sv.4+

Phase Shifter, Staff of Tomorrow: S:User, AP2, Melee, Chronoblade (re-roll to hit rolls in assault)

Master Chronomancer: Model and all models in same unti get +1 to RP rolls, and re-roll armour saves of 1

The Stars are Right: Roll D6 at start of each friendly turn. If result is less than current turn number, Orikan uses his Empowered profile for rest of game. If he suffers a wound before becoming empowered, he has 3 wounds instead of 4 when empowered.

(For Anrakyr, see earlier in the thread)

Trazyn the Infinite (130 points)

WS5 BS5 S5 T5 W3 I2 A3 Ld10 Sv.3+

Empathic Obliteration: S+2, AP4, Melee, Concussive, Psionic Shockwave: if a character is slain in a challenge by this weapon, all models within 6" of the character with the same faction (friend or foe) suffers a S4, AP- hit.

IC, RP, Enduring Will Trait

Surrogate Hosts: If Trazyn is removed as a casualty, roll a D6. On a 2+, choose another friendly, non unique Cron infantry character to be removed instead. Trazyn takes its place with D3 wounds remaining. If it was locked in assault, Teazyn is as well. If there are no available targets or a 1 is rolled, Trazyn is removed as a casualty.

Imotekh the Stormlord (190 points, LORD OF WAR)

WS5 BS5 S5 T5 W3 I2 A3 Ld10 Sv.2+

Gauntlet of Fire, Phase Shifter, Staff of the Destroyer: 18", S6 AP2, Assault 3

IC, RP, It will not die, Hyperlogical Strategist trait 

Lord of the Swarm: Night fighting is always in effect during first game turn. Once per game, at start of friendly shooting phase, roll a D6 for each enemy unit within 48" of Imootekh. On a 5+, that unit suffers D6 Strength 6 AP- hits, randomly allocated. 

Bloodswarm Nanoscarabs: Flayed Ones can re-roll scatter dice when deep striking

And them's the characters!

Orikan straight buffed, though the Writhing Worldscape cheese is gone. Oh well, pretty good overall.

TRAYZN HUGE BUFF. Can come back onto ANY Necron Infantry with D3 wounds is MASSIVE. Empathic Obliterator is huge too, now it is just anything with the same FACTION. Damn.

Imotkeh's Staff of the Destroyer is MUCH better now (the one use thing was butts before and you know it), has IWND base, Lord of the Storm is actually buffed quite a frelling bit, and Bloodswarm Nanoscarabs + new Flayed Ones is quite good!

Special Characters in this edition are looking great in my opinion! Other than Anrakyr and Obyron, I can find a use for all of them!

It does not say they [C'Tan] are limited to using it once per shooting phase. 

The Reclamation Legion allows for 1 Overlord. In addition, you can take ONE Royal Court Formation per Reclamation Legion, which lets you take: 1 Overlord (or Imotekh), 1-3 Lords, 1-3 Crypteks.

1) For those asking about how many Lords, Crypteks, etc. you can take: 

The Reclamation Legion formation allows for 1 Overlord. In addition, you can take ONE Royal Court Formation per Reclamation Legion, which lets you take: 1 Overlord (or Imotekh), 1-3 Lords, 1-3 Crypteks. 

2) Regarding the Destroyer Lord: 110 points, WS4 BS4 S5 T6 W3 I2 A3 Ld10 Sv.3+, Staff of Light, ICRP, Preferred Enemy, and he can take the same upgrades regular Cron lords can. 

3) I made a serious mistake with Quantum Shielding, many apologies. The vehicle counts as AV13 on the Front and Side, *not all around* as I claimed earlier. 

4) There are significant differences between the three C'Tan Shards. What they have in common are Eternal Warrior, the powers of the C'Tan shooting, Necrodermis (4+ invuln and inflict a S4 AP1 hit for everyone within D6" when it dies) Fearless, and immunity to natural law (treat all terrain as open ground). Other than that: 

Nightbringer (240 points, Elite) 

WS6 BS4 S7 T7 W4 I4 A4 Ld10. Sv4+ 

Fleshbane, Gaze of Death: In addition to shooting Powers of the C'tan, can target one non-vehicle enemy within 12" and in LOS. Unit takes wounds of 3D6 - Ld, resolved at AP2 and Ignores Cover. Nightbringer restores one wound if a wound is inflicted. 

Deceiver (240 points, Elite) 
(Stats same as Nightbringer, but -1 WS and +1 BS

Hit & Run, Dread (enemy within 12" has -2 Ld.), Grand Illusion: After deployment and scout moves, remove Deceiver and up to D3 friendly units with 12" of it. Either immediately redploy them, or place them in reserve. 

Transcendent C'Tan (250 points, Heavy Support) 

(Stats same as Nightbringer, but -1 WS, +1 BS, +1 Strength, +1 wound) 

Deep Strike, Writhing Worldscape: All enemy units within 6" treat open ground as difficult terrain 

5) Caoptek Wraiths have no Sempiternal Weave, whatever that is :p, but they still have their 3+ invuln if that's what you're asking

Triarch Praetorians are still jump infantry. However, Wraiths are Beasts.

1. What has happened to deathmarks? 
2. What are the 'ranged weapons' and 'melee weapons' that the overlord can take? 
3. What has happened to the annihilation barge? 
4. What has happened to the Spyder? 
5. Do we have any skyfire/melta/haywire/lance?

1. Deathmarks are 18 points each, Elite infantry. Stats same as before. Deep strike and RP. They also have: 

Hunters from Hyperspace: During the turn they arrive from Deep Strike, their shooting attacks wound on a 2+ regardless of toughness. 

Ethereal Interception: If they are in Deep Strike Reserve when an enemy unit arrives using Deep Strike, they can immediately also arrive using the rules for Deep Strike, and it may immediately fire at any enemy unit that emerged from reserves that turn. If it does so, it cannot fire during your shooting phase next turn. 

2. Ranged: Gauntlet of Fire, Tachyon Arrow 

Melee: Hyperphase sword, Voidblade, Warscythe 

3 & 4. Posted about the barge earlier in the thread, as with the Spyder. Not too different. 

5. Heat Ray is Melta. Don't see Skyfire, lance, or melta.

Compiling more for ease of viewing:

From Freak Factory:

IMG_20150127_120553.jpg

IMG_20150127_120652.jpg
IMG_20150127_120613.jpg
IMG_20150127_120811.jpg
IMG_20150127_120707.jpg
IMG_20150127_122120.jpg
IMG_20150127_122130.jpg
IMG_20150127_122341.jpg
IMG_20150127_122349.jpg
IMG_20150127_122909.jpg
IMG_20150127_122916.jpg
IMG_20150127_122925.jpg
IMG_20150127_122934.jpg

More from the Tyranid Hive:

Since destroyer lords became jet pack infantry, do you see any way to  give lords or crypteks a jump pack? Kinda lame if praetorians can't have  an IC keep up with them =\ for orb/cryptek bonuses.
Ah, nope. Don't see a way. : /

is tesla destructor still assault 4 Fo 7 vp - ?
is there any haywire?
are wraith really T5 save 4++?
do any unit other than warriors have the ghost ark as dedicated transport?
is the Royal court formation a single unit or you can split them?
Tesla Destructor is 24", S7 AP-, Heavy 4
No Haywire that I see
Wraiths are T5 and 3+ Invuln
Nope, only the warriors
Royal Court like any formation consists of all those separate units
  • Like 1

Okay, about the formations. Once again peeps, there is NO Force Org Chart. The way they want you to build this army, apparently, is to clump a bunch of these formations together. This time I am also posting the Formation special rules.

Reclamation Legion (1+)

1 Overlord
0-2 Lychguard
1-4 Immortals
2-8 Necron Warriors
1-3 Tomb Blades
0-3 Monoloiths

Special Rules: Moves Through Cover, Relentless
You can re-roll reanimation rolls of 1 for the overlord, or units within 12" of him

1-10 choices of the following per reclamation legion:

(0 to 1) Royal Court=
1 Overlord
1-3 Lords
1-3 Crypteks

Special Rules: Move through cover, relentless
If overlord for this formation is your warlord, you can re-roll warlord traits when using Codex Cron warlord traits table.

Judicator Battatlion=
1 unit of Triach Stalkers
2 units of Triarch Praetorians

Special Rules: Move Through Cover
At start of shooting phase, pick an enemy within LOS of Triarch Stalker. Re-roll failed to hit, to wound, and armour penetration rolls against the target until end of turn.

Destroyer Cult=
1 Destroyer Lord
3 units of destroyers
0-1 units of heavy destroyers

Special Rules: Move through cover
If this formation is your primary detachment, can re-roll for Warlord Traits
Units in this formation re-roll failed to wound and armour penetration rolls

Canoptek Harvest=
1 Canoptek Spyder
1 unit of Canoptek Wraiths
1 unit of Canoptek Scarabs

Special Rules: Move Through Cover, Relentless
At start of Movement phase, can gain Fleet, Reanimation Protocols, or Shred. Spyder and all formation units within 12" gain those special rules until your next movement phase.

Star God=
1 C'Tan Shard f the Deceiver, Shard of the Nightbringer, Transcendent C'Tan or Tessaract Vault

Annihalation Nexus=
2 Annihilation Barges
1 Domsday Ark

Special Rules:
If Doomsday Ark from this formation loses it's quantum shielding, choose an annihilation barge within 6". The barge loses its quantum shielding, and the Doomsday ark gets Quantum shielding instead.

Flayed Ones=
1 unit of Flayed Ones

Living Tomb=
1 Obelisk
0-2 Monoloths

Special Rules: Formation must be placed in Deep Strike reserve. Do not make reserve rlls fr the Obelisk, it automatically arrives on your turn 2. Monoliths do not scatter when deep striking if placed within 12" of the Obelisk.
Immediately after a Monoloths arrives frm this formation, choose one friendly Cron unit nthat is entirely infantry or jump infantry that is in reserve. Place it as though disembarking from the Monolith's eternity gate.

Deathmarks=
1 unit of Deathmarks

Deathbringer Flight
2-4 Doomscythes

Special Rules:
When Doom Scythe from this formation fires a death ray, add 2 to BS for each other Doom Scythe from this formation that shot at the enemy this turn.
All enemy units within 12" of at least two Doom Scythes from this formation have -1 Ld.
I don't see this preventing the use of Leviathan or the CAD as alternatives though.

If you are using the Unbound method, simply use the datasheets later in this section that correspond to the Necron models in your collection. If you are using the Battle-forged method, you will instead need to organise the Necron models in your collection into Detachments. This is a fun process in its own right. The most common of these are the Combined Arms and Allied detachments. Note that you can also include any of the formations presented in this section as part of a battle-forged army. 

Furthermore, the Necron Decurion Deachment is a special type of detachment that can be included in any battle-forged army. Unlike the detachments shown in Warhammer 40,000: The Rules, it has a force organisation chart whose slots are combination of specific formations and army list entries instead of battlefield roles. However, it still has compulsory and optional elements, as well as restrictions and command benefits, just like any other detachment. 

Although units cannot normally belong to more than one detachment, units from a formation that is part of a Necrn Decurion Detachment are an exception. They count as part of both their formation and the detachment, and have all associated command benefits and special rules. If your warlord is part of a formation or an army list entry that makes up part of a decurion detachment, that entire decurion detachment is your primary detachment.

Woahhh hold on 

Wraiths can take Transdimensional Beamers still (10 points per model) 

TransBeamers are now: 

12" || S4 || AP2 || Heavy 1, Exile Ray 

Exile Ray: To Wound of 6 automatically Wounds no matter Toughness, and has Instant Death. Penetration roll of 6 is an automatic 
Penetration
 no matter the target's 
AV

Daaang, if only we could get Relentless on them somehow.

Doesn't the Decurion give everybody Relentless?