Codex Necrons

pretre

I'm not sure the Annihilation Barge needed a 30 Point hike, but not surprised.

I like Whip Coils better now...+3 Initiative.  Still screwed if you charge into terrain, but at least it is a flat + to the Wraith's initiative.

Night Scythes points seem fair, especially since Invasion Beams are still awesome.

Illuminor Szeras (who I fielded at an OFCC a few years back) is better (and 10 points more).  Lets face it, he was pretty awful before...he gets you a LOT more for that extra 10 points now.

Destroyers....Oh my...Destroyers.  I'm picturing this...Two units of Destroyers flanking a Triarch Stalker.  Yes...the Destroyers will be rerolling all misses :)

I'm still wishing the Triarch would get Dreadnought CCW's, but oh well.  I like that you can squadron them.

I think my only real complaint is the same as a lot of other people...the minimum 1 tomb blade for their special detachment.  Other than that, I am really liking how this book looks.

I should end up with 6 Monoliths, an Ark (convertible to either version), 6 Canoptek Spyders, 15 Destroyers, 3 heavy Destroyers, 15 Canoptek Wraiths, 46 Scarabs, 30 Immortals, 107 Warriors, 4 C'Tan Shards, Triarch Stalker, 20 Flayed Ones, Every Character, 3 Destroyer Lords (because why not?), Bunch of Overlords and some Crypteks.

I'm working a possible trade for an annihilation Barge.  No flyers, but that suits me fine.  I have warmed up to flyers but am fortunate to have learned to play without them in the meantime, so no pressing need there.  They would be "nice to have".

Probably need to trade for like 5 Tomb Blades or something so i can do the Dicurion though.  I think it will require them.

So what are people's opinions on MUST haves? Like for me my Wraiths have always been a must have, the +3 initiative seems like a no brainer now.

What other things, maybe separate it out by must have wargear, must have units, etc. Just looking for the favorites so far. In fact a list of. Add just the units you feel comfortable using the below format.

Must Have:

- Wraiths

-

Decent to Have:

-

Fair to Have:

-

Underpowered:

-

Wraiths too, but without a D. Lord being able to keep up, they're going to be a little bit softer hitting.

<snip>

D. Lords, but only because they don't really have a suitable entourage. They're pretty much a CC option, with only shooting options that can keep up with them.

D. Lord can still join wraiths.  Since 6ed there is no more rule where units go as fast as slowest, they just have to stay in coherency.  They do lose fleet but its not so bad.  

So how it works in practice -- D. Lord goes 6 in move phase but can still jetpack jump in assault phase (so start in front of unit move phase, he will lose ground but then make up for it in assault phase).

The plague drone star works in a similar fashion (it has an even slower IC but still works out fine for them).

Cool. I like the changes to Scarabs (auto glance on a 6 will still have them tearing through vehicles like a beast, and will now work on super heavies). Wraiths going from T4 with a 3++ to T5 with a 4++ seems fair enough. They were pretty beefy already. barges are still worth it at 120 points.

Any specifics on the changes to Tesla?

So, here the rumors were wrong. turns out Wraiths are T5, and still have a 3++. Brutal!

• Like 2

Correct, the rule states "Zooming Flyers and Swooping Monstrous Creatures must also take a Dangerous Terrain Test if they move within 18" of an Obelisk, even though they do not normally take dangerous terrain tests."

There's a difference between not normally having to take it and auto passing. It forces the MC to take a test, which they auto pass.
  • Like 2

Clearly their point is that they don't normally NEED to take such tests since they normally auto pass it.  But in this case they do indeed get affected by the Obelisk and take the test like normal units would.

Consider that my FAQ for events I am responsible for.  Obelisks don't allow you to auto pass the test.  Other TO's can do it differently if they want.  I got no beef with it if they do.  I probably won't buy an Obelisk anyways.  It's $160.  Good lawd.