GK+Daemons army...?

Okay, so barring heretical notion of the two armies working together, I'm thinking that it would be pretty easy to make a rather impressive army with the two of these factions.

Part of it is just by having more psychic dice. The Portalglyph has additional value here.

GK also have a 10pt relic that confers a 2++ if there is a daemon of khorne within 12". Given one eye open is 6", it could be done. A 2++ consistently on a Marine character is not lacking, especially as the codex doesn't grant storm shield access.

The daemon "Skarbrand" grants all units within 12", friend or foe, rage and hatred. Given the GK lack of chaplains, this is quite impressive for them. Skarbrand is a daemon of Khorne.

The Blue Scribes also potentially add psychic dice when "enemy psykers" cast powers, which are then redistributed to friendly psykers. This means that allied GK can generate additional psychic dice for allied daemons, as the daemons treat the allied GK as enemies.

The Grimore of True Names has two abilities. The most common being to increase the invulnerable save of a daemon, but the less common application is to lower the invulnerable save of an enemy daemon. Most notably, the Grimore of True names is not a psychic power, so is subject to psychic resistances. This can certainly be used offensively for the GK to have a much better chance to slay enemy daemons.

Beyond this, there aren't too many direct combinations, though neither faction is particularly weak and the inclusion of so many psykers would certainly benefit either faction.

Interesting at least. I'd be curious to see a list that strikes the correct balance between codex's. oh wait, it can't be done because it heresy!!! :)

I've been toying around with psychic death stars (inquisition/librus conclave + GK) and had considered something similar.

Not for killing my own stuff for maelstrom, but for claiming shenanagins.

With the conclave you could drop a unit of daemons on an objective before gating off to another with draigo.

Not super powerful, but could be a nice surprise out of left field if people aren't expecting it.

Only problem would be if your big expensive unit failed the check and stood there for a turn doing nothing :p

Interesting at least. I'd be curious to see a list that strikes the correct balance between codex's. oh wait, it can't be done because it heresy!!! :)

I've been toying around with psychic death stars (inquisition/librus conclave + GK) and had considered something similar.

Not for killing my own stuff for maelstrom, but for claiming shenanagins.

With the conclave you could drop a unit of daemons on an objective before gating off to another with draigo.

Not super powerful, but could be a nice surprise out of left field if people aren't expecting it.

Only problem would be if your big expensive unit failed the check and stood there for a turn doing nothing :p

Total heresy, though that doesn't seem to be against the rules in this edition. What is the opponent that causes GK to ally with daemons? Even in the apocalypse, seems unlikely that they'd find common ground.

That DA libby conclave, if you recall, does not require them to be grouped together. The models must remain within 12" for the formation benefits, but that's it. So you don't need a big expensive unit.

I will note that the formation is really an expensive method to get psykers, and is likely a suicide run if summoning daemons. This is because you peril on any double. In many respects, may be better off just fielding a daemon army...

For daemon summoning, I think the Eldar Warlock units are probably the best route. 35pts for a level 1 psyker with daemonology access. 350pts for a 10-man squad. Even at level 1, the primaris power is summoning daemons, so you get that and 1 random per psyker. Even if you kill off a psyker with every summon, you should be able to get a decent number of daemons on the field.