OF Freakin' CC: Paging Hero Zero

All:

So it seems that the "approved teams" thing for OFCC is subject to teams making their payment by a certain date and if they don't, an "alternate" team gets a shot to pay and get in.....is that right?

Here's my situation....I really dig this event and want to make sure that I can plan ahead and do the thing. So.....can anybody who knows Hero Zero ping him to contact me? It doesn't look like our team from 2014 is on either list and I'd like to find out what our status is and if I need to start knocking on castle doors looking for a team.

Also, are their different rules for team army duplication this year?

Is this OFCC turning into a "lottery" system with limited space, or are we trying to encourage growth in a hobby that we all love/hate? 

Id hope that the OFCC would get bigger every year and promote an inclusive attitude, not an exclusive one. Id say that the tactic of "limited space" is detrimental to the growth of the hobby/event. I say boo.

People like LOF shouldnt be scrambling to get in....

Just sayin'  

Yeah, from the main thread:

"As the Team Event only has room (currently) for 16 teams, these registrations are going to be on a first come, first serve basis.  If you are unable to get on the list for the first 16, do not fret as you will be put on the waiting list in the event of a team pulling out or the event expanding."

That strongly suggests (at least to me) that if attendance for the Team Event looks to be high, but the Open is low, they'll just shift space. I don't get all these posts saying 'OFCC is shrinking the hobby...'

• Like 1

Hey, everything is awesome.

Everything is cool when you're part of a team.

Trust me. I'm a doctor.

Well, that's actually a lie.

You can trust that I am serving my own interests which coincide with the prosperity of the event.

Yes, honesty!

Or is it...

Is this actually some form of a nefarious plot to destroy Ordo Fanaticus from within?

Am I a secret agent from another club trying to bring about the ruination of the Portland gaming scene?

Do I lack an inner monologue?

HAHA YOU'LL NEVER KNOW CAUSE I'LL NEVER TELL UNLESS I'M THINKING OUT LOUD WHICH MEANS I'LL ACTUALLY BE SAYING IT OUT LOUD IN WHICH CASE YOU WOULD HEAR IT QUITE CLEARLY.

HAHA!  Oh wait...

Damn it.

• Like 1

FWIW, the OFCC has always been run by people trying to maximize the 'good' and minimize the 'bad'. There has never been any kind of conspiracy or elitist intent ever. The only concern has ever been to ensure that everyone who comes agrees to and supports the spirit of the event as fun-first, winning-third (safety is second, of course).

• Like 4

FWIW, the OFCC has always been run by people trying to maximize the 'good' and minimize the 'bad'. There has never been any kind of conspiracy or elitist intent ever. The only concern has ever been to ensure that everyone who comes agrees to and supports the spirit of the event as fun-first, winning-third (safety is second, of course).

Safety doesn't exist if you play dark elves or skaven!

• Like 1