Guardian Cup 8 - The Ocho - May 23rd-24th

CaptainA

Well the issue I'm having is I ordered the model under the assumption that the bao lvo rules were being used I get that captain a changed According to the itc format changing. I just wasn't aware that there was a change that was going to happen I'll be honest the itc format I've never really heard of until now. I purchased the guardian cup ticket assuming again lvo and bao format was being used. Where the lynx was still allowed. Again I don't mean to sound like an upset 4 year old Im just irritated that I don't follow as closely as I should to the tournament scene because I'm not a big league tournament player I've only been active in non FLGS tournaments since the previous guardian cup in November. So it's more a personal frustration than any sort of anger towards captain a or any of the front line gaming community. I expect that the guardian cup will still be fun At least I hope it will be

Well the issue I'm having is I ordered the model under the assumption that the bao lvo rules were being used I get that captain a changed According to the itc format changing. I just wasn't aware that there was a change that was going to happen I'll be honest the itc format I've never really heard of until now. I purchased the guardian cup ticket assuming again lvo and bao format was being used. Where the lynx was still allowed. Again I don't mean to sound like an upset 4 year old Im just irritated that I don't follow as closely as I should to the tournament scene because I'm not a big league tournament player I've only been active in non FLGS tournaments since the previous guardian cup in November. So it's more a personal frustration than any sort of anger towards captain a or any of the front line gaming community. I expect that the guardian cup will still be fun At least I hope it will be

I find your rationale response.....disturbing......dont you know this is the internet.

(and just in case some dont get sarcasm  :laugh: )

• Like 1

I accept that ranged d weapons could very well be abused. And I also got the sarcasm. I'm not familiar with alot of the death stars and stuff that are discussed on the Internet honestly. Like I said previously I'm frustrated at myself for not realizing that the itc is the major tournament rules body around the 40k tournament community. I normally just play the game by the rule book and adjust lists to answers from the rule book I don't think d weapons are as powerful as they were in 6th edition but they can still be abused and that would ruin the game for me too but I find that it provided a balance to the death stars and the knight armies. and made players play a tactical game instead of auto include i win games. But I only really play in Washington so I don't have exposure to the crazy waac lists out there in the world.

Hey is there a website to sign up on? I didn't see anything on the GG website listed under special events.

I'm coming from Eugene and want to make sure that I'm signed up and have a spot. Don't want to just show up on the day of and hope for a spot.

It is under the "Event Registration" tab - pay directly or pay through paypal - http://www.guardiancup.org/?page_id=16