Space Marine List Help

deadwing34

Those look like, what, about 3/32" magnets? I use 1/8" in the wrist, because it's what I have on hand, but there's absolutely no margin for error when drilling it out, so they're kind of frustrating. I find that, because of the extra support from the left hand, I can get away with just a 1/16" magnet in the hand, tho.

Devastator box gives heavy weapons only. Those are good options, but a few tactical squad boxes will be needed for the other weapons. You can certainly order the bits online.

If you will be going CSM or SW long term, try to steer away from C:SM specific options, like centurions and thunderfire cannons. Makes it very easy to switch.

I used to buy bits online from the war store but it seems like they dont sell them anymore. Are there any other good reliable sources or has GW stopped all bits sellers?

I used to buy bits online from the war store but it seems like they dont sell them anymore. Are there any other good reliable sources or has GW stopped all bits sellers?

GW stopped giving wholesale prices to stores that were reselling kits as bits. Warstore stopped selling bits for this reason. Bitsbarn and hoardobits still have sites that sell by the bit, though there isn't anything as good as the warstore anymore. Ebay has some bit sellers too.

In general, best route is to seek a trade via the ordo trading section and look for a bits swap that can be done in person. This alleviates the need for shipping costs and really does benefit both players.

I will note that if starting a new army, buying the actual kits is usually the best route. You get the models and bits for often less than they'd cost in bits. You also will have extra pieces which can be traded off for future bits you want.

I'll note that FW and GW now sell sets of just special weapons. FW has even created sets with heavy weapons sold in bulk (like 5 of the same heavy weapon in a set).

Personally, I've started buying entire sets for bits I want. I can keep the bits that remain, or trade them off. I strive to buy the kit for ~20% off.

I need the full multi-melta SM but the Devastor boxes only come with one and I want two dammit!

I've found it's pretty easy to take a vehicle MM and make it into an oversized melta gun and just mount in their hands like a rifle. That's what I've been doing for MM marines.

Here is everything I have purchased so far for my growing SM army. I want to work up a 2000 point list using everything below and see how it works out.

Are gravity guns the clear choice for the Centurion Devastators or should I consider magnitizing the models?

Purchased:

Rhino

Razorback

Tigurius

Multi-Melta SM

Centurion Devastator Squad

Thinking of Getting:

Stormtalon

Thunderfire Cannon

Can't argue with the the amount of destructive Barrage firepower in only 100 points. It seems a bit soft defense wise, so it may be best to hide it behind cover and blind fire it.

Really weak to sniper, D, and poisoned weapons. Does pretty well against most other things on the defensive.

As for offensive ability, thunderfire is an awesome unit. That said, I don't always have a free heavy slot.

Really weak to sniper, D, and poisoned weapons. Does pretty well against most other things on the defensive.

As for offensive ability, thunderfire is an awesome unit. That said, I don't always have a free heavy slot.

You can cheat and use a Landraider as a transport and free up a heavy slot...oh I am so good at this...I bet no one else has considered that before right??

• Like 1

You can cheat and use a Landraider as a transport and free up a heavy slot...oh I am so good at this...I bet no one else has considered that before right??

True, though the drawback is that only the unit dedicated to the transport can deploy inside it. So, if you don't want the dedicated transport for the unit it comes with, you want it for a different unit, you might want the heavy slot free.

Also, there are certainly several non-land raider and non-thunderfire heavy slots worth taking.

True, though the drawback is that only the unit dedicated to the transport can deploy inside it. So, if you don't want the dedicated transport for the unit it comes with, you want it for a different unit, you might want the heavy slot free.

Also, there are certainly several non-land raider and non-thunderfire heavy slots worth taking.

Unbound...problem fixed.

Ok, only kidding I actually like to make a list with limits.